Software Development Engineer II
Newark, New Jersey
Job ID: 931632
Determination drives your knack for problem-solving. You thrive independently – and a collaborative, high-performing team only accelerates your motivation. You’ve been known to catch up on the latest true crime series while cracking codes. You’re a creative communicator and can adapt complex information to your audience, whether that means switching from Python to Java or explaining a new product initiative to a colleague in Marketing. You’re looking for a role where you can get inventive while flexing your expertise.
· Work independently on a small, agile engineering team to write maintainable and scalable code.
· Use security, encryption, and authentication protocols for securing transmission.
· Partner with stakeholders to imagine, design, develop, test, and launch software that impacts our community and inspires your peers.
· Devise solutions based on limited information using past experience or precedent to adapt existing approaches and resolve issues.
Basic Qualifications· 5+ years of professional full-time software development experience.
· Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science and Engineering or related field.
· Experience in building SOA, Microservices, and API-based integrations in a highly distributed environment.
· Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously on deadlines.
· Attention to detail, quality, and accuracy.
Preferred Qualifications· Deep Knowledge of distributed SOA, Web Services, Relational DB concepts, Elastic Search, DynamoDB and various AWS technologies.
· Developed batch and real-time systems integrations using Java, Python or any object-oriented language.
· Creative problem-solving driven by curiosity.
· Good understanding of networking concepts, security, and encryption.
Audible is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age
Audible, Inc. is the world’s largest seller and producer of spoken audio entertainment, information and educational programming. Since inventing and commercializing the first portable digital audio player in 1997, our focus on technological innovation and superior programming has earned us millions of subscribers around the world. We’re an Amazon subsidiary with a presence on four different continents, yet we maintain a startup vibe and small company feel. We offer more than 475,000 downloadable audiobooks, audio editions of periodicals, and other programs, and an escalating array of listening products that enrich daily life for a growing population of people who want to be more productive, well-informed, and thoughtfully entertained.