Software Development Engineer II, Consumer DomainProduct & Technology | Job ID 931632
Determination drives your knack for problem-solving. You thrive independently – and a collaborative, high-performing team only accelerates your motivation. You’ve been known to catch up on the latest true crime series while cracking codes. You’re a creative communicator and can adapt complex information to your audience, whether that means switching from Python to Java or explaining a new product initiative to a colleague in Marketing. You’re looking for a role where you can get inventive while flexing your expertise.
· Work independently on a small, agile engineering team to write maintainable and scalable code.
· Use security, encryption, and authentication protocols for securing transmission.
· Partner with stakeholders to imagine, design, develop, test, and launch software that impacts our community and inspires your peers.
· Devise solutions based on limited information using past experience or precedent to adapt existing approaches and resolve issues.
· Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science and Engineering or related field.
· Experience in building SOA, Microservices, and API-based integrations in a highly distributed environment.
· Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously on deadlines.
· Attention to detail, quality, and accuracy.
· Developed batch and real-time systems integrations using Java, Python or any object-oriented language.
· Creative problem-solving driven by curiosity.
· Good understanding of networking concepts, security, and encryption.
Audible, Inc. is the world’s largest seller and producer of spoken audio entertainment, information and educational programming. Since inventing and commercializing the first portable digital audio player in 1997, our focus on technological innovation and superior programming has earned us millions of subscribers around the world. We’re an Amazon subsidiary with a presence on four different continents, yet we maintain a startup vibe and small company feel. We offer more than 475,000 downloadable audiobooks, audio editions of periodicals, and other programs, and an escalating array of listening products that enrich daily life for a growing population of people who want to be more productive, well-informed, and thoughtfully entertained.
Audible is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Audible is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Sign up for Job Alerts
- Technical Program Manager Newark, New Jersey Product & Technology This opportunity is as a Technical Program Manager (TPM) within Audible’s New Businesses Program, supporting launching I
- Software Development Engineer – Adobe Product & Data Newark, New Jersey Product & Technology Our Data Technology team owns and develops the technology platform that offers decision makers both performance metrics
- Senior Software Development Engineer II – ACME – Consumer Domains Newark, New Jersey Product & Technology This opportunity is for a Software Development Engineer for Audible’s Consumer Domains group. We are the team that creat
What we can offer you
We are a community of brilliant minds, brimming with fresh ideas and working shoulder to shoulder to achieve greatness. And because of this, we think it’s only fair that we offer some nice little perks to everyone who goes the extra mile at Audible.
Fully stocked kitchen with all the snacks and drinks to get your creative thoughts flowing.
Dental and vision plans, life insurance, and the medical plan options that suit individual needs.
Plan for your future with employer-matched savings accounts.
We grant our employees restricted stock units, because we want them to think and act like owners.
We love what we do but everyone needs the opportunity to hit the refresh button. Take advantage of vacation days, sick days, and personal days to rejuvenate.
From tickets to local events and exciting company-sponsored events, regular outings and team-building events foster our spirit of collaboration.
As part of the Amazon family, Audible employees are entitled to a discount on products on Amazon.
Discounted sports clubs or fitness reimbursements.
What keeps me motivated here in one word is 'opportunities.' Being able to deep-dive into complex cross-domain problems and stepping out of my comfort zone with projects, technologies and people. I can spontaneously collaborate with literally anyone—from my Audible teammates to my Amazon counterparts to our CIO and CEO—and most importantly get valuable feedback along the way.
Software Development Engineer