Senior Software Development Engineer IIProduct and Technology | Job ID 897982
In this role, you will be instrumental in revolutionizing the core data platform at the heart of Audible’s entire data ecosystem (which also leverages and extends into Amazon’s enormous data ecosystem). You will partner with other software engineering teams both in upstream data producing and downstream data consuming roles, to build a technology platform that empowers them with robust, flexible data products, services, and frameworks which allow all teams at Audible to build data-driven solutions for any of their needs.
· Play a leading role in building and maintaining the infrastructure for Enterprise Data Platforms, using software engineering best practices, data management fundamentals, data storage principles, recent advances in distributed systems and data streaming, and operational excellence best practices
· Work closely with product owners and engineers across the company to design and implement reusable platform-level solutions
· Design, build, and support platforms that enable seamless integration and processing across a variety of data systems
· Champion building real-time or event-driven data processing systems and frameworks, especially where real-time solutions did not exist before
· Effectively communicate with various teams and stakeholders, escalate technical and managerial issues at the right time and resolve conflicts
· Demonstrate passion for quality and productivity by use of efficient development techniques, standards and guidelines
· Peer reviews of work. Actively mentor more junior members of the team, improving their skills, their knowledge of our systems and their ability to get things done
HOW DOES AMAZON FIT IN?
We're a part of Amazon: they are our parent company and it's a great partnership. You'll get to play with Amazon's technologies, but it doesn't stop there. Audible is built on a strong foundation of Amazon technology and you'll have insight into the inner workings of the world's leading ecommerce experience. There's a LOT to learn! Your career will benefit from working with teams like Alexa, Search, Kindle, A9, P13N and many more.
If you want to own and solve problems, work with a creative dynamic team, fail fast in a supportive environment whilst growing your career and working on a platform that powers web applications used by millions of customers worldwide we want to hear from you.
· 5+ years of professional software development experience
· Ability to work independently with little supervision and successfully resolve ambiguity
· Willingness to learn, be open minded to new ideas and different opinions yet knowing when to stop, analyze, and reach a decision
· Well-rounded engineering skills; full-stack development experience - web + services - If you've built something in your spare time send us the link, we'd love to hear about it
· Great communication skills - ability to think creatively and adapt the message to the audience. Can provide information to technical and non-technical stakeholders alike and guide them to confidently informed decisions
· Strong data-oriented skills with knowledge of Core Data and database design
· Prior use of AWS technologies at scale in a production environment
· Familiarity with big data technologies (Hadoop, Hive, Spark, etc.)
· Experience working with Agile methodologies
Audible is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age
Sign up for Job Alerts
- Software Development Engineer II Newark, New Jersey Product and Technology This opportunity is for a Software Development Engineer for Audible’s Consumer Domains group. We are the team that creat
- Sr. Manager, Software Development Newark, New Jersey Product and Technology Are you a software development manager passionate about optimizing development and testing lifecycle via tools and proce
- Software Dev Engineer Newark, New Jersey Product and Technology This opportunity is for a Software Development Engineer for Audible’s Consumer Domains group. We are the team that creat
What we can offer you
We are a community of brilliant minds, brimming with fresh ideas and working shoulder to shoulder to achieve greatness. And because of this, we think it’s only fair that we offer some nice little perks to everyone who goes the extra mile at Audible.
Fully stocked kitchen with all the snacks and drinks to get your creative thoughts flowing.
Dental and vision plans, life insurance, and the medical plan options that suit individual needs.
Plan for your future with employer-matched savings accounts.
We grant our employees restricted stock units, because we want them to think and act like owners.
We love what we do but everyone needs the opportunity to hit the refresh button. Take advantage of vacation days, sick days, and personal days to rejuvenate.
From tickets to local events and exciting company-sponsored events, regular outings and team-building events foster our spirit of collaboration.
As part of the Amazon family, Audible employees are entitled to a discount on products on Amazon.
Discounted sports clubs or fitness reimbursements.
What keeps me motivated here in one word is 'opportunities.' Being able to deep-dive into complex cross-domain problems and stepping out of my comfort zone with projects, technologies and people. I can spontaneously collaborate with literally anyone—from my Audible teammates to my Amazon counterparts to our CIO and CEO—and most importantly get valuable feedback along the way.
Software Development Engineer