Software Development Engineer II
Newark, New Jersey
Job ID: 880529
This opportunity specifically is as a Software Development Engineer within the Audio Experiences group. The team is building cutting edge components and 3rd party APIs being used internally and externally. We build the common components and libraries for the Library and Player experiences, as well as the customer facing UI for Audible's Android, iOS, and Web applications. Our APIs enable all Audible listening experiences whether through our apps, Amazon devices, or even third-party devices like Sonos. We need your help to develop and deliver on this vision. Success means we lay the foundation for continued expansion of our company without disrupting an already tremendously successful and much-loved project.
HOW DOES AMAZON FIT IN?
We're a part of Amazon: they are our parent company and it's a great partnership. You'll get to play with all of Amazon's technologies like Lambda, DynamoDB, ECS, and CloudFront, but it doesn't stop there. Audible is built on a strong foundation of Amazon technology and you'll have insight into the inner workings of the world's leading ecommerce experience. There's a LOT to learn! Your career will benefit from working with teams like Alexa, Kindle, A9, P13N and many more.
If you want to own and solve problems, work with a creative dynamic team, fail fast in a supportive environment while growing your career and working on high volume (5000+ transactions per second) services that support millions of customers worldwide, we want to hear from you.
As a Software Development Engineer, you will be part of a full-stack team that includes other iOS, Android, Web, and API developers. Our core goal is to make cross device development faster and higher quality. You will be a key part of the team for API development.
· Describe and implement REST APIs, ensuring their performance and scalability for our millions of customers.
· Plan and execute technical epics, from initial design through implementation, testing, and customer delivery.
· Influence the technical direction and strategy within the team.
· Partner with other engineers to imagine, design, develop, test, and launch software that invigorates our community and inspires our peers.
· Evangelize our API and work closely with business development and through events like external hackathons and internal brown bag sessions.
· Draw influence from trends, technologies, and frameworks both industry-wide and within Amazon. Share that knowledge in a meaningful way with the community.
· Solve problems which are not clearly defined and have a large degree of ambiguity.
Audible, Inc. is the world’s largest seller and producer of spoken audio entertainment, information and educational programming. Since inventing and commercializing the first portable digital audio player in 1997, our focus on technological innovation and superior programming has earned us millions of subscribers around the world. We’re an Amazon subsidiary with a presence on four different continents, yet we maintain a startup vibe and small company feel. We offer more than 475,000 downloadable audiobooks, audio editions of periodicals, and other programs, and an escalating array of listening products that enrich daily life for a growing population of people who want to be more productive, well-informed, and thoughtfully entertained.