Software Development Engineer II - iOSProduct & Technology | Job ID 1130009
This opportunity specifically is as a Software Development Engineer within the Audio Experiences group. The team is building cutting edge components and 3rd party APIs being used internally and externally. We build the common components and libraries for the Library and Player experiences, as well as the customer facing UI for Audible's Android, iOS, and Web applications. Our components enable all Audible listening experiences whether through our apps, Amazon devices, or even third-party devices like Sonos. We need your help to develop and deliver on this vision. Success means we lay the foundation for continued expansion of our company without disrupting an already tremendously successful and much-loved project.
· Own and be responsible for key components within the team.
· Design, develop, implement and support Key Components using latest technology that will influence teams beyond Audible.
· Work with Product Management and take the lead to help create, design and develop software that involves exploring and bringing out latest technology on the platform to make the listening experience better and easier for our users.
· Take every opportunity make a large impact on the design, architecture and implementation of cutting edge mobile based products.
· Provide technical direction and strategy to the team, drive the system architecture, spearhead the best practices and influence peer teams with brown-bag sessions and hackathons.
· Staying up to date on the latest trends & technologies industry-wide and sharing that knowledge with the internal community.
· Committed to team work, hustle and strong communication skills (both to business and technical peers).
· Thrive in delivering high quality technology mobile products in a fast paced environment with shifting priorities.
· Set the technical direction and strategy within the team and strategize to influence technology across Audible and beyond.
· Mentor and lead developers by cultivating curiosity and deep technical understanding.
· Bachelor’s degree or higher in Computer Science or related field.
· 4+ years of professional software development experience.
· Data-oriented skills with knowledge of Core Data and database design.
· Working knowledge of dependency injection, operations/promises, and modular development.
· Demonstrated experience in problem-solving with experience in ambiguous situations.
· Experience in documentation, unit testing, code reviews, test automation, continuous integration & deployment.
· Experience in Agile development.
· Experience building mobile UI with UIKit, especially Auto Layout and related SDKs, including use of storyboard and animations.
· Background in synchronizing information across devices with support for offline transactions.
· Competency in automation, enthusiasm for continuous integration/deployment or Chaos Engineering.
· Experience with Swift, bridging headers etc.
· Solid Coding practices including good design, unit testing, peer code reviews and a preference for agile methods.
· Knowledge of professional software engineering best practices including coding standards, source code management & build processes.
Sign up for Job Alerts
- Senior Product Manager – mobile apps Newark, New Jersey Product & Technology Audible is seeking a Senior Product Manager to define and build key product experiences that will elevate the customer e
- Manager, Software Development (Core Android) Newark, New Jersey Product & Technology This opportunity is for a Software Development Manager for Audible’s Core Android team. The Audible Android team’s visio
- Software Development Engineer II Newark, New Jersey Product & Technology Audible Digital Asset Management (ADAM) group is the repository for all audio data pertaining to Audible products. These
What we can offer you
We are a community of brilliant minds, brimming with fresh ideas and working shoulder to shoulder to achieve greatness. And because of this, we think it’s only fair that we offer some nice little perks to everyone who goes the extra mile at Audible.
Fully stocked kitchen with all the snacks and drinks to get your creative thoughts flowing.
Dental and vision plans, life insurance, and the medical plan options that suit individual needs.
Plan for your future with employer-matched savings accounts.
We grant our employees restricted stock units, because we want them to think and act like owners.
We love what we do but everyone needs the opportunity to hit the refresh button. Take advantage of vacation days, sick days, and personal days to rejuvenate.
From tickets to local events and exciting company-sponsored events, regular outings and team-building events foster our spirit of collaboration.
As part of the Amazon family, Audible employees are entitled to a discount on products on Amazon.
Discounted sports clubs or fitness reimbursements.
What keeps me motivated here in one word is 'opportunities.' Being able to deep-dive into complex cross-domain problems and stepping out of my comfort zone with projects, technologies and people. I can spontaneously collaborate with literally anyone—from my Audible teammates to my Amazon counterparts to our CIO and CEO—and most importantly get valuable feedback along the way.
Software Development Engineer