Software Development Engineer II - DataProduct & Technology | Job ID 1140525
· Apply broad knowledge of technology options, technology platforms, design techniques and approaches across the Data Engineering ecosystem to build systems that meet business needs.
· Build systems and datasets using software engineering best practices, data management fundamentals, data storage principles, recent advances in distributed systems, and operational excellence best practices.
· Analyze source systems, define underlying data sources and transformation requirements, design suitable data models and document the design/specifications.
· Demonstrate passion for quality and productivity by use of efficient development techniques, standards and guidelines.
· Effectively communicate with various teams and stakeholders, escalate technical and managerial issues at the right time and resolve conflicts.
· Peer review work. Actively mentor other members of the team, improving their skills, their knowledge of our systems and their ability to get things done.
HOW DOES AMAZON FIT IN?
We're a part of Amazon, they are our parent company and it's a great partnership. You'll get to play with all of Amazon's technologies like EC2, SQS and S3 but it doesn't stop there. Audible's built on Amazon technology and you'll have insight into the inner workings of the world's leading ecommerce experience. There's a LOT to learn!
If you want to own and solve problems, work with a creative dynamic team, fail fast in a supportive environment whilst growing your career and working on a platform that powers web applications used by millions of customers worldwide we want to hear from you.
· Proficiency in functional programming languages (e.g. Python) as well as declarative programming languages (e.g. SQL, SPARQL).
· 5+ years of hands on experience in building large scale data-centric systems using MPP Database technologies and Hadoop, Spark, Kafka or AWS equivalents.
· Proficiency in processing and modeling large, complex data sets for Analytical use cases.
· Expertise in Database technologies such as AWS Redshift, Teradata or equivalent.
· Familiarity with Business Intelligence (BI) and Visualization platforms such as MicroStrategy and AWS Quicksight.
· Ability to communicate effectively and work independently with little supervision to deliver on time quality products.
· Willingness to learn, be open minded to new ideas and different opinions yet knowing when to stop, analyze, and reach a decision.
· Hands on experience with BI and Visualization platforms such as MicroStrategy and AWS Quicksight.
Audible, Inc. is the world’s largest seller and producer of spoken audio entertainment, information and educational programming. Since inventing and commercializing the first portable digital audio player in 1997, our focus on technological innovation and superior programming has earned us millions of subscribers around the world. We’re an Amazon subsidiary with a presence on four different continents, yet we maintain a startup vibe and small company feel. We offer more than 475,000 downloadable audiobooks, audio editions of periodicals, and other programs, and an escalating array of listening products that enrich daily life for a growing population of people who want to be more productive, well-informed, and thoughtfully entertained.
Audible is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Audible is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Sign up for Job Alerts
- Senior Product Manager – mobile apps Newark, New Jersey Product & Technology Audible is seeking a Senior Product Manager to define and build key product experiences that will elevate the customer e
- Manager, Software Development (Core Android) Newark, New Jersey Product & Technology This opportunity is for a Software Development Manager for Audible’s Core Android team. The Audible Android team’s visio
- Software Development Engineer II Newark, New Jersey Product & Technology Audible Digital Asset Management (ADAM) group is the repository for all audio data pertaining to Audible products. These
What we can offer you
We are a community of brilliant minds, brimming with fresh ideas and working shoulder to shoulder to achieve greatness. And because of this, we think it’s only fair that we offer some nice little perks to everyone who goes the extra mile at Audible.
Fully stocked kitchen with all the snacks and drinks to get your creative thoughts flowing.
Dental and vision plans, life insurance, and the medical plan options that suit individual needs.
Plan for your future with employer-matched savings accounts.
We grant our employees restricted stock units, because we want them to think and act like owners.
We love what we do but everyone needs the opportunity to hit the refresh button. Take advantage of vacation days, sick days, and personal days to rejuvenate.
From tickets to local events and exciting company-sponsored events, regular outings and team-building events foster our spirit of collaboration.
As part of the Amazon family, Audible employees are entitled to a discount on products on Amazon.
Discounted sports clubs or fitness reimbursements.
What keeps me motivated here in one word is 'opportunities.' Being able to deep-dive into complex cross-domain problems and stepping out of my comfort zone with projects, technologies and people. I can spontaneously collaborate with literally anyone—from my Audible teammates to my Amazon counterparts to our CIO and CEO—and most importantly get valuable feedback along the way.
Software Development Engineer