Software Development Engineer I
Newark, New Jersey
Job ID: 962934
As an engineer on this dynamic team you will be expected to solve complex engineering problems that will have both short and long term impact on Audible’s business and our customers. You will have an opportunity to participate in the re-engineering of our entire CMS pipeline services leveraging your past experience and Amazon tools and technologies.
Additionally, you will be expected to:
· Work independently on a small, agile engineering team and execute on your great ideas.
· Write amazing, maintainable & scalable code.
· Partner with product management to imagine, Design, Develop, Test, and Launch software that wows our community and inspires your peers.
· Be willing to explore and learn un-prompted. Bring problems AND solutions to the table.
· Integrates and communicates fairly complex information within the specialization.
· Devises solutions based on limited information and uses past experience or precedent to identify solutions or to adapt existing approaches to resolve issues.
· Has contributory impact on team/discipline performance.
· Accountable for meeting own target which will impact the discipline.
Basic Qualifications· 3+ years of professional software development experience including proven experience in Java, Object Oriented Design, Data Structures and Algorithms.
· Experience developing and maintaining high availability distributed software systems.
Preferred Qualifications· Strong problem solving skills; adaptable, enterprising and willing to take ownership.
· A high-quality bar; just-enough documentation, unit testing, code reviews, test automation, continuous integration & deployment and a preference for agile methods.
· Familiarity with Amazon Web Services.
Audible is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age
Audible, Inc. is the world’s largest seller and producer of spoken audio entertainment, information and educational programming. Since inventing and commercializing the first portable digital audio player in 1997, our focus on technological innovation and superior programming has earned us millions of subscribers around the world. We’re an Amazon subsidiary with a presence on four different continents, yet we maintain a startup vibe and small company feel. We offer more than 475,000 downloadable audiobooks, audio editions of periodicals, and other programs, and an escalating array of listening products that enrich daily life for a growing population of people who want to be more productive, well-informed, and thoughtfully entertained.