Software Development Engineer I - International expansion
Newark, New Jersey
Job ID: 917045
You are an innovative and passionate top software engineer looking to make a positive impact on customer experience. You like to own deliverables end-to-end and have a meaningful influence on the final product. You are a builder. You like to work with fellow engineers and product people to share knowledge, imagine, design, develop, test, and launch software that wows our community and inspires our peers. You're curious and love to learn unprompted as you stay up to date with tools, trends, technologies and best practices in the industry. Please don't hesitate to apply!
HOW DOES AMAZON FIT IN?
We're a a strategic and growing part of Amazon, our parent company. Audible's built on Amazon technology and you'll have insight into the inner workings of the world's leading ecommerce experience. You'll get to play with all of Amazon's and AWS technologies. There's a LOT to learn! Your career will benefit from working with teams like Kindle, A9, P13N and many more.
If you want to own and solve problems, work with a creative dynamic team, fail fast in a supportive environment whilst growing your career and working on high volume (2000+ tps) services that support millions of customers worldwide, we want to hear from you.
· Own key components within our platform. "Owning" means envisioning, designing, creating, building, and supporting
· Partner with product management to imagine, design, develop, test, and launch software that invigorates our community and inspires our peers
· Manage individual project priorities, deadlines and deliverables
· Adopt best practices in software engineering: design, testing, version control, documentation, build, deployment, and operations
· Plan and execute technical epics, from initial design through implementation, testing, and customer delivery
· Stay ahead of tools, trends, technologies and the most standard methodologies both industry-wide and within Amazon, sharing your knowledge in a meaningful way that impacts the group
· Be willing to explore technical needs and bring problems AND solutions to the table
Basic Qualifications· BA/BS degree in Computer Science, related field, or equivalent experience
· At least one year building production software with a solid grounding in Computer Science fundamentals
· Java or equivalent OO language
Preferred QualificationsDon't worry, we'll ramp you up but experience in any of these areas will help you hit the ground running:
· Building and maintaining very high traffic web services or scalable systems to collect, store, and process data.
· Prior use of AWS technologies at scale in a production environment
Audible is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age
Audible, Inc. is the world’s largest seller and producer of spoken audio entertainment, information and educational programming. Since inventing and commercializing the first portable digital audio player in 1997, our focus on technological innovation and superior programming has earned us millions of subscribers around the world. We’re an Amazon subsidiary with a presence on four different continents, yet we maintain a startup vibe and small company feel. We offer more than 475,000 downloadable audiobooks, audio editions of periodicals, and other programs, and an escalating array of listening products that enrich daily life for a growing population of people who want to be more productive, well-informed, and thoughtfully entertained.