Software Development Engineer IProduct & Technology | Job ID 885515
Determination drives your knack for problem-solving. You thrive independently – and a collaborative, high-performing team only accelerates your motivation. You’ve been known to catch up on the latest true crime series while cracking codes. You’re a creative communicator and can adapt complex information to your audience, whether that means switching from Python to Java or explaining a new product initiative to a colleague in Marketing. You’re looking for a role where you can get inventive while flexing your expertise.
· Work independently on a small, agile engineering team to write maintainable and scalable code
· Use security, encryption, and authentication protocols for securing transmission
· Partner with stakeholders to imagine, design, develop, test, and launch software that impacts our community and inspires your peers
· Devise solutions based on limited information using past experience or precedent to adapt existing approaches and resolve issues
· Experience in building SOA, Microservices, and API-based integrations in a highly distributed environment
· Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously on deadlines
· Attention to detail, quality, and accuracy
· Developed batch and real-time systems integrations using Java, Python or any object-oriented language.
· Creative problem-solving driven by curiosity
· Good understanding of networking concepts, security, and encryption
Audible is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age
Sign up for Job Alerts
- Sr. Software Development Engineer II – Homestead Newark, New Jersey Product & Technology Are you excited by the prospect of creating a world-class listening experience that enable customers to find and discov
- Director, Product Management Newark, New Jersey Product & Technology Imagine a company with millions of the most satisfied customers on the planet, that has been delighting those customers
- Technical Program Managment, Senior Manager Newark, New Jersey Product & Technology This opportunity is as a Senior Technical Program Manager within Audible’s Data and Corporate Systems Program. The Data
What we can offer you
We are a community of brilliant minds, brimming with fresh ideas and working shoulder to shoulder to achieve greatness. And because of this, we think it’s only fair that we offer some nice little perks to everyone who goes the extra mile at Audible.
Fully stocked kitchen with all the snacks and drinks to get your creative thoughts flowing.
Dental and vision plans, life insurance, and the medical plan options that suit individual needs.
Plan for your future with employer-matched savings accounts.
We grant our employees restricted stock units, because we want them to think and act like owners.
We love what we do but everyone needs the opportunity to hit the refresh button. Take advantage of vacation days, sick days, and personal days to rejuvenate.
From tickets to local events and exciting company-sponsored events, regular outings and team-building events foster our spirit of collaboration.
As part of the Amazon family, Audible employees are entitled to a discount on products on Amazon.
Discounted sports clubs or fitness reimbursements.
What keeps me motivated here in one word is 'opportunities.' Being able to deep-dive into complex cross-domain problems and stepping out of my comfort zone with projects, technologies and people. I can spontaneously collaborate with literally anyone—from my Audible teammates to my Amazon counterparts to our CIO and CEO—and most importantly get valuable feedback along the way.
Software Development Engineer