Social Media Manager
Newark, New Jersey
Job ID: 915807
You are a social media anthropologist and native, with an insatiable appetite for understanding the constantly evolving social media landscape and its corresponding native customer behaviors.
You are a pop-culture and book junkie who’s curious about everything — you have your finger on the pulse of the internet and always know what people will be talking about even before it starts trending.
You are a data-driven employee with strong communication and organizational skills, and natural emphasis to connect and delight Audible’s fans and followers.
ABOUT THE ROLE
This role is focused on but not limited to driving community engagement and social strategy. This means that the Manager schedules and publishes posts on all owned brand accounts, maintains and elevates social media content, is inspired by culture and technology to suggest opportunities for social, and fosters our community of Audible listeners by engaging daily across social pages and groups.
· Work side-by-side with the Senior Manager of Social Media, developing a level of coordination that seems like mind-reading to others.
· Schedule and publish all posts on owned organic social media. accounts, acting as the last check (copy editing and proofreading), and demonstrating and developing the Audible brand social voice.
· Partner with customer service to engage fans in one-on-one interactions on social media networks every day (Facebook, Facebook Groups, Twitter, Instagram, etc.). Develop methodologies and strategies for ongoing customer engagement.
· Contribute to social media content strategy by suggesting post ideas, themes, and real-time opportunities.
· Identify and report on community and real-world trends to advise on potential opportunities or risks.
· Identify and leverage user-generated content to drive engagement and acquisition.
· Maintain intra-company relationships as a cross-functional social ambassador with nearly every department (Content, Merchandising, Product Marketing, Corporate Communications, PR, Customer Care, Paid Marketing, Recruiting, ACX, Brand, and Creative), keeping abreast of all possible opportunities for social and remaining aligned with overall business objectives.
· Coordinate with our global social partners to share learnings and best practices.
· Plan, coordinate, and produce exciting live social activations.
· Act as main point of contact between our external social media agency and Audible Organic Social (manage requests, provide feedback, collaborate on new initiatives).
· Consult with paid marketing on how to leverage assets and information for organic social, and vice versa.
· Own and activate partnership between influencer marketing and organic social.
Basic Qualifications· Previous experience with social media management.
· Proficiency in third-party social media tools like Sprinklr, Sprout, Sysomos, Simply Measured, etc., as well as proficiency with native social tools (Facebook Power Editor, Twitter Ads).
· Understanding of social networks’ best practices – design, functionality, users (best time to post, tagging influencers, character limit) – across Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Instagram, Tumblr, Pinterest, SoundCloud, Reddit, etc.
· Team player with a passion to work closely with others while maintaining an entrepreneurial, self-starter spirit.
· Great sense of humor and outgoing personality.
· Passion for Audible, social media, books and storytelling.
· Strong written communication skills, particularly within the social media arena.
Preferred QualificationsAudible is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age
Audible, Inc. is the world’s largest seller and producer of spoken audio entertainment, information and educational programming. Since inventing and commercializing the first portable digital audio player in 1997, our focus on technological innovation and superior programming has earned us millions of subscribers around the world. We’re an Amazon subsidiary with a presence on four different continents, yet we maintain a startup vibe and small company feel. We offer more than 475,000 downloadable audiobooks, audio editions of periodicals, and other programs, and an escalating array of listening products that enrich daily life for a growing population of people who want to be more productive, well-informed, and thoughtfully entertained.