Senior Software Engineer - Catalog Metadata ServicesProduct & Technology | Job ID 1051745
As an engineer on this dynamic team you will be expected to solve complex engineering problems that will have both short- and long-term impact on Audible’s business and our customers. You will have an opportunity to participate in the re-engineering of our entire CMS pipeline services leveraging your past experience and Amazon tools and technologies.
· Set the technical direction and strategy within the team and strategize to influence technology across Audible and beyond.
· Mentor and lead developers by cultivating curiosity and deep technical understanding.Work independently on a small, agile engineering team and execute on your great ideas.
· Write amazing, maintainable & scalable code.
· Partner with product management to imagine, Design, Develop, Test, and Launch software that wows our community and inspires your peers.
· Be willing to explore and learn un-prompted. Bring problems AND solutions to the table.
· Integrates and communicates fairly complex information within the specialization.
· Devises solutions based on limited information and uses past experience or precedent to identify solutions or to adapt existing approaches to resolve issues.
· Has contributory impact on team/discipline performance.
· Accountable for meeting own target which will impact the discipline.
· Experience developing and maintaining high availability distributed software systems.
· BA/BS degree in Computer Science, related field or equivalent practical experience.
· Server-side development experience, preferably in Java/Spring.
· Experience in multiple AWS services.
· Great communication skills - ability to think creatively and adapt the message to the audience.
· A high-quality bar; just-enough documentation, unit testing, code reviews, test automation, continuous integration & deployment and a preference for agile methods.
· Familiarity with RDS and NoSQL.
Audible, Inc. is the world’s largest seller and producer of spoken audio entertainment, information and educational programming. Since inventing and commercializing the first portable digital audio player in 1997, our focus on technological innovation and superior programming has earned us millions of subscribers around the world. We’re an Amazon subsidiary with a presence on four different continents, yet we maintain a startup vibe and small company feel. We offer more than 475,000 downloadable audiobooks, audio editions of periodicals, and other programs, and an escalating array of listening products that enrich daily life for a growing population of people who want to be more productive, well-informed, and thoughtfully entertained.
Audible is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age
Sign up for Job Alerts
- Software Development Engineer II - TEST - AMZ3744 Newark, New Jersey Product & Technology MULTIPLE POSITIONS AVAILABLE Entity: Audible, Inc. Title: Software Development Engineer II - TEST Location: Newark, N
- Senior Software Development Engineer – Consumer Domains - Shopping Newark, New Jersey Product & Technology This opportunity is for a Software Development Engineer for Audible’s Consumer Domains group. We are the team that creat
- Product Manager, New Business/ International (digital product mgmt exp, Agile) Newark, New Jersey Product & Technology Imagine a company with millions of the most satisfied customers on the planet, that has been delighting those customers
What we can offer you
We are a community of brilliant minds, brimming with fresh ideas and working shoulder to shoulder to achieve greatness. And because of this, we think it’s only fair that we offer some nice little perks to everyone who goes the extra mile at Audible.
Fully stocked kitchen with all the snacks and drinks to get your creative thoughts flowing.
Dental and vision plans, life insurance, and the medical plan options that suit individual needs.
Plan for your future with employer-matched savings accounts.
We grant our employees restricted stock units, because we want them to think and act like owners.
We love what we do but everyone needs the opportunity to hit the refresh button. Take advantage of vacation days, sick days, and personal days to rejuvenate.
From tickets to local events and exciting company-sponsored events, regular outings and team-building events foster our spirit of collaboration.
As part of the Amazon family, Audible employees are entitled to a discount on products on Amazon.
Discounted sports clubs or fitness reimbursements.
What keeps me motivated here in one word is 'opportunities.' Being able to deep-dive into complex cross-domain problems and stepping out of my comfort zone with projects, technologies and people. I can spontaneously collaborate with literally anyone—from my Audible teammates to my Amazon counterparts to our CIO and CEO—and most importantly get valuable feedback along the way.
Software Development Engineer