Senior Software Development Engineer
Newark, New Jersey
Job ID: 931775
The position requires an engineer with experience architecting, developing and supporting distributed & scalable systems and high-volume transaction applications and services with hands-on coding experience in modern object-oriented language. The ideal candidate should exhibit leadership qualities including excellent judgment and high standards. In addition, the candidate must have the ability to dive deep and remain in touch with business details, drive innovation in the teams, invoke passion in others, think big, and deliver results.
ABOUT THE TEAM
Customer Relationship Management (CRM) team's mission is to develop systems and tools that enable marketers to provide customers multi-touch, personalized and timely messages that enhance the experience of using our services. Customer journey automation and real-time targeting are examples of systems that the team works on. These systems are built using cutting edge technologies and products from AWS like Kinesis, S3, EMR, Elastic Search, etc.
· Design, develop, build and operate scalable software systems and services for e-commerce applications.
· Build and deliver high availability/high reliability software on time.
· Build and deliver secure, scalable, and low-latency services.
· Coordinate with other product teams, business stakeholders and Senior Tech Leadership for integration into Audible products.
· Lead significant technical initiatives involving cross-functional teams.
· Work effectively with other groups within Amazon to deliver Audible services.
Basic Qualifications· Computer Science or equivalent experience with commercial software engineering experience, preferable in e-commerce, mobile or digital content platforms.
· 5+ years of professional full-time software development experience or equivalent.
· Experience in building large-scale high-performance web-based solutions.
· Problem solving skills, adaptable, proactive and willing to take ownership.
· Demonstrated ability to identify real-world user problems and build technology solutions to solve them.
· Experience in communicating with users, other technical teams, and management to collect requirements, describe software product features, and technical designs.
· Capable of understanding the interaction between the components in a distributed system in order to ensure they are functioning properly.
· Knowledge of modern best practices for professional software development including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations.
Preferred Qualifications· Experience working with high scale service-oriented architectures (SOA).
· Understanding of web services technologies such as REST and SOAP.
· Familiarity with frameworks such as Spring and Hibernate.
· Familiarity with AWS products and technologies.
· MS or PhD in Computer Science.
Audible is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age
Audible, Inc. is the world’s largest seller and producer of spoken audio entertainment, information and educational programming. Since inventing and commercializing the first portable digital audio player in 1997, our focus on technological innovation and superior programming has earned us millions of subscribers around the world. We’re an Amazon subsidiary with a presence on four different continents, yet we maintain a startup vibe and small company feel. We offer more than 475,000 downloadable audiobooks, audio editions of periodicals, and other programs, and an escalating array of listening products that enrich daily life for a growing population of people who want to be more productive, well-informed, and thoughtfully entertained.