Senior Software Development Engineer - Web & InternationalizationProduct & Technology | Job ID 1281594
HOW DOES AMAZON FIT IN?
We're a part of Amazon: they are our parent company and it's a great partnership. You'll get to play with Amazon's technologies, but it doesn't stop there. Audible is built on a strong foundation of Amazon technology and you'll have insight into the inner workings of the world's leading eCommerce experience. There's a LOT to learn! Your career will benefit from working with teams like Alexa, Search, Kindle, A9, P13N and many more.
If you are excited to own and solve problems, work with a creative dynamic team, fail fast in a supportive environment while growing your career and delivering high quality features to millions of customers worldwide, we want to hear from you.
· Programmatically test the product.
· Measure test coverage.
· Develop the best automation and tooling, drive testability and diagnostic ability into the product, while promoting best practices in quality areas.
· Define and Develop standards and frameworks to ensure most efficient processes and highest level of quality, as well as design tools for unit, functional, performance and security testing in a programmatic manner.
· Build test software that exposes API defects in production level code as well as defects at the component and feature integration prospective.
· Develop test metrics.
· Introduce and reinforce newer practices like BDD (Behavior Driven Development) or building AI Bots to activate Defect Prevention mode.
· 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
· 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
· Bachelors Degree (or higher) in Computer Science or related field.
· 5+ years of experience as a QA Engineer and Software Developer or an SDET.
· 3+ years of expertise in automation using a programming language.
· 2+ years of software development experience using an OO programming language.
· Experience in designing and building test tools and systems.
· Expert Knowledge of QA Methodologies and software life cycle.
· Strong analytical, troubleshooting/problem solving skills.
· Excellent object oriented analysis and design skills (OOA/OOD).
· Experience in test automation for mobile applications and devices.
· Experience with test and behavior driven development.
· Good understanding of Continuous Integration and Deployment processes.
· Experience with but not limited to JUnit/TestNG, JBehave (or other BDD framework), Selenium, mock objects.
· Solid grounding in computer science fundamentals; Algorithms and Data Structures.
· Proficient in building web applications.
· Be able to thrive in an ambiguous environment - where change is the only constant.
· Be a team player with high energy.
· Strong verbal and communication skills.
· Strong analytical skills and an out of the box thinker.
· Results oriented and with a strong customer focus.
· Understanding of application architecture and technology infrastructure.
At Audible, we innovate and inspire through the power of voice. We're changing the narrative on storytelling. As the world’s largest producer and provider of original spoken-word entertainment and audiobooks, we've redefined the ways people access, discover, and share stories. The stories we tell have the ability to transport and transform everyday moments into meaningful experiences and it's our people who make Audible's service possible. We're listeners, storytellers, and problem-solvers. Our perspectives and experiences power our ideas and come together in our mission to unleash the power of the spoken word.
Audible is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Audible is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Sign up for Job Alerts
- 'Next Chapter' Returnship Program - Software Engineer, Data Platform Newark, New Jersey Product & Technology
- 'Next Chapter' Returnship Program - Software Engineer, International Newark, New Jersey Product & Technology
- 'Next Chapter' Returnship Program - Software Engineer, Digital Asset Management Newark, New Jersey Product & Technology
What we can offer you
We are a community of brilliant minds, brimming with fresh ideas and working shoulder to shoulder to achieve greatness. And because of this, we think it’s only fair that we offer some nice little perks to everyone who goes the extra mile at Audible.
Fully stocked kitchen with all the snacks and drinks to get your creative thoughts flowing.
Dental and vision plans, life insurance, and the medical plan options that suit individual needs.
Plan for your future with employer-matched savings accounts.
We grant our employees restricted stock units, because we want them to think and act like owners.
We love what we do but everyone needs the opportunity to hit the refresh button. Take advantage of vacation days, sick days, and personal days to rejuvenate.
From tickets to local events and exciting company-sponsored events, regular outings and team-building events foster our spirit of collaboration.
As part of the Amazon family, Audible employees are entitled to a discount on products on Amazon.
Discounted sports clubs or fitness reimbursements.
What keeps me motivated here in one word is 'opportunities.' Being able to deep-dive into complex cross-domain problems and stepping out of my comfort zone with projects, technologies and people. I can spontaneously collaborate with literally anyone—from my Audible teammates to my Amazon counterparts to our CIO and CEO—and most importantly get valuable feedback along the way.
Software Development Engineer