Senior Software Development Engineer II
Newark, New Jersey
Job ID: 964475
We are embarking on a mission to reshape the fundamental experiences and delight our customers and drive a strong engineering culture. It's our responsibility to push Audible into new places; wherever our customers are listening. Achieving this vision means expanding and strengthening our development process and leveraging new technologies to deliver services and web applications. We need your help to develop and deliver on this vision. Success means we lay the foundation for continued expansion of our company without disrupting an already tremendously successful and much loved project.
HOW DOES AMAZON FIT IN?
We're a part of Amazon: they are our parent company and it's a great partnership. You'll get to play with Amazon's technologies, but it doesn't stop there. Audible is built on a strong foundation of Amazon technology and you'll have insight into the inner workings of the world's leading ecommerce experience. There's a LOT to learn! Your career will benefit from working with teams like Alexa, Search, Kindle, A9, P13N and many more.
If you are excited to own and solve problems, work with a creative dynamic team, fail fast in a supportive environment while growing your career and working on high volume (2000+ transactions per second) services that support millions of customers worldwide, we want to hear from you.
· Set the technical direction and strategy within the team and strategize to influence technology across Audible and beyond
· Lead significant technical initiatives involving cross-functional teams
· Developing solutions for web and services: Envisioning, designing, creating, and supporting our solutions that operate with a high degree of operational excellence
· Partner with a cross-functional teams to imagine, design, develop, test, and launch software that wows our community and inspires our peers
· Be willing to explore technical needs and bring problems AND solutions to the table
· Constantly strive to raise the bar on engineering excellence
· Lead the way - staying up to date with tools, trends, technologies and frameworks both industry-wide and within Amazon and then sharing that knowledge in a meaningful way with the community
· Mentor and lead developers by cultivating curiosity and deep technical understanding
Basic Qualifications· 7+ years of professional software development experience
· Knowledge of Spring, SOA and automated testing
· Experience in communicating with users, other technical teams and senior management to collect requirements, describe software product features, technical designs and product strategy
· Well-rounded engineering skills; full-stack development experience - web + services - If you've built something in your spare time send us the link, we'd love to hear about it
Preferred Qualifications· Experience with React, HTTP/2, PWA, Serverless, Microservices, CI/CD, and cross-platform development
· Experience taking a lead role developing complex software systems that have successfully been delivered to customers
· Great communication skills - ability to think creatively and adapt the message to the audience. Can provide information to technical and non-technical stakeholders alike and guide them to confidently informed decisions
· Prior use of AWS technologies at scale in a production environment
· Strong problem solving skills; adaptable, proactive and willing to take ownership
· A high-quality bar and a drive of continuous improvement; just-enough documentation, unit testing, code reviews, test automation, continuous integration & deployment and a preference for agile methods
· Strong business and technical vision
Audible is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age
Audible, Inc. is the world’s largest seller and producer of spoken audio entertainment, information and educational programming. Since inventing and commercializing the first portable digital audio player in 1997, our focus on technological innovation and superior programming has earned us millions of subscribers around the world. We’re an Amazon subsidiary with a presence on four different continents, yet we maintain a startup vibe and small company feel. We offer more than 475,000 downloadable audiobooks, audio editions of periodicals, and other programs, and an escalating array of listening products that enrich daily life for a growing population of people who want to be more productive, well-informed, and thoughtfully entertained.