Senior Software Development Engineer IIProduct & Technology | Job ID 898200
We are embarking on a mission to reshape the fundamental experiences and delight our customers and drive a strong engineering culture. It's our responsibility to push Audible into new places; wherever our customers are listening. Achieving this vision means expanding and strengthening our development process and leveraging new technologies to deliver services and web applications. We need your help to develop and deliver on this vision. Success means we lay the foundation for continued expansion of our company without disrupting an already tremendously successful and much loved project.
HOW DOES AMAZON FIT IN?
We're a part of Amazon: they are our parent company and it's a great partnership. You'll get to play with Amazon's technologies, but it doesn't stop there. Audible is built on a strong foundation of Amazon technology and you'll have insight into the inner workings of the world's leading ecommerce experience. There's a LOT to learn! Your career will benefit from working with teams like Alexa, Search, Kindle, A9, P13N and many more.
If you are excited to own and solve problems, work with a creative dynamic team, fail fast in a supportive environment while growing your career and working on high volume (2000+ transactions per second) services that support millions of customers worldwide, we want to hear from you.
· Set the technical direction and strategy within the team and strategize to influence technology across Audible and beyond
· Lead significant technical initiatives involving cross-functional teams
· Developing solutions for web and services: Envisioning, designing, creating, and supporting our solutions that operate with a high degree of operational excellence
· Partner with a cross-functional teams to imagine, design, develop, test, and launch software that wows our community and inspires our peers
· Be willing to explore technical needs and bring problems AND solutions to the table
· Constantly strive to raise the bar on engineering excellence
· Lead the way - staying up to date with tools, trends, technologies and frameworks both industry-wide and within Amazon and then sharing that knowledge in a meaningful way with the community
· Mentor and lead developers by cultivating curiosity and deep technical understanding
· Knowledge of Spring, SOA and automated testing
· Experience in communicating with users, other technical teams and senior management to collect requirements, describe software product features, technical designs and product strategy
· Well-rounded engineering skills; full-stack development experience - web + services - If you've built something in your spare time send us the link, we'd love to hear about it
· Experience taking a lead role developing complex software systems that have successfully been delivered to customers
· Great communication skills - ability to think creatively and adapt the message to the audience. Can provide information to technical and non-technical stakeholders alike and guide them to confidently informed decisions
· Prior use of AWS technologies at scale in a production environment
· Strong problem solving skills; adaptable, proactive and willing to take ownership
· A high-quality bar and a drive of continuous improvement; just-enough documentation, unit testing, code reviews, test automation, continuous integration & deployment and a preference for agile methods
· Strong business and technical vision
Audible is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age
Sign up for Job Alerts
- Audible Quality Assurance Engineer Internship - QA (Newark and Cambridge) Newark, New Jersey Product & Technology Audible is a mission driven, highly profitable media company in hyper-growth. We're a collection of artists, designers a
- Software Development Engineer - Android Newark, New Jersey Product & Technology The Android Core group owns the core experience for Audible Android App. Audible customers spend most of their time with
- Software Development Engineer I Newark, New Jersey Product & Technology This opportunity is for a Software Development Engineer for Audible’s International Expansion group. We are the team tha
What we can offer you
We are a community of brilliant minds, brimming with fresh ideas and working shoulder to shoulder to achieve greatness. And because of this, we think it’s only fair that we offer some nice little perks to everyone who goes the extra mile at Audible.
Fully stocked kitchen with all the snacks and drinks to get your creative thoughts flowing.
Dental and vision plans, life insurance, and the medical plan options that suit individual needs.
Plan for your future with employer-matched savings accounts.
We grant our employees restricted stock units, because we want them to think and act like owners.
We love what we do but everyone needs the opportunity to hit the refresh button. Take advantage of vacation days, sick days, and personal days to rejuvenate.
From tickets to local events and exciting company-sponsored events, regular outings and team-building events foster our spirit of collaboration.
As part of the Amazon family, Audible employees are entitled to a discount on products on Amazon.
Discounted sports clubs or fitness reimbursements.
What keeps me motivated here in one word is 'opportunities.' Being able to deep-dive into complex cross-domain problems and stepping out of my comfort zone with projects, technologies and people. I can spontaneously collaborate with literally anyone—from my Audible teammates to my Amazon counterparts to our CIO and CEO—and most importantly get valuable feedback along the way.
Software Development Engineer