Senior Software Development Engineer II – GlobalTechnology | Job ID 1579579
ABOUT THIS ROLE
As a Senior Full Stack Engineer, it’s up to you to define, design and refine the tech that keeps us one step ahead of listeners. Anticipate. Innovate. Bring challenging ideas and we’ll support you with the latest tech, tools and systems that you need to succeed. You’ll be essential in ensuring the team can reach their potential; working closely with them, reviewing their work, mentoring, and supporting them to develop. Together, you’ll build and maintain our platform to bring thousands of stories to millions of listeners and unleash the power of the human voice.
ABOUT THE TEAM
Audible International Expansion team is delivering on a vision for launching a localized, customer-centric presence in new countries while building world class engineering platform to enable faster and differentiated launches. We are expanding and improving the platform from mobile web to back-end services while innovating and leveraging new Amazon technology and platforms. Success means we are delighting more customers in new countries while building on an already tremendously successful and much-loved product.
You feel pride in every step forward, however big, or small; to you, each challenge represents a well-executed venture to support our listeners. If you’re looking to build on your skills and grow into a leader, this is your next step. We look for people who take responsibility, set their standards high and see every failure as an opportunity to learn. You’re looking for an environment where you can thrive. With opportunities to challenge yourself and a talented team by your side, you’ll find what you’re looking for at Audible.
As a Senior Full Stack Engineer, you will:
· Design, develop, and test software components and applications for the largest creator and provider of audiobooks in the world.
· Work on an agile engineering team writing maintainable and scalable code for software components and influencing team decisions.
· Collaborate with stakeholders to imagine, design, develop, test, and launch software that impacts our customers and inspires your peers.
· Use technology to solve difficult problems. Define a design, turn it into high quality code, and deliver it on schedule. Proficient in a broad range of data structures and algorithms, knowing when it is (and isn’t) appropriate to use them.
· Independently clarify technical requirements, assessing development estimates and apply a broad range of design approaches.
· Review code of other team members and provide constructive direction.
· Drive continuous improvement of software quality, customer experience, and maintainability of products/features.
· Mentor and lead developers by cultivating curiosity and deep technical understanding.
· 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
· 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
· Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent experience.
· Ability to navigate highly complex and ambiguous situations.
· Experience building and delivering software systems to internal or external customers.
· Able to effectively message with both technical and non-technical audiences.
· Able to make improvements to the team’s development and testing processes.
· Able to establish good working relationships with peers. Able to recognize discordant views and take part in constructive dialogue to resolve them.
· Able to mentor teammates on team software, team culture, and customer obsession.
At Audible, we innovate and inspire through the power of voice. We're changing the narrative on storytelling. As a leading producer and provider of original spoken-word entertainment and audiobooks, we've redefined the ways people access, discover, and share stories. The stories we tell have the ability to transport and transform everyday moments into meaningful experiences and it's our people who make Audible's service possible. We're listeners, storytellers, and problem-solvers. Our perspectives and experiences power our ideas and come together in our mission to unleash the power of the spoken word.
Audible is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Audible is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
What we can offer you
We are a community of brilliant minds, brimming with fresh ideas and working shoulder to shoulder to achieve greatness. And because of this, we think it’s only fair that we offer some nice little perks to everyone who goes the extra mile at Audible.
Fully stocked kitchen with all the snacks and drinks to get your creative thoughts flowing.
Dental and vision plans, life insurance, and the medical plan options that suit individual needs.
Plan for your future with employer-matched savings accounts.
We grant our employees restricted stock units, because we want them to think and act like owners.
We love what we do but everyone needs the opportunity to hit the refresh button. Take advantage of vacation days, sick days, and personal days to rejuvenate.
From tickets to local events and exciting company-sponsored events, regular outings and team-building events foster our spirit of collaboration.
As part of the Amazon family, Audible employees are entitled to a discount on products on Amazon.
Discounted sports clubs or fitness reimbursements.
What keeps me motivated here in one word is 'opportunities.' Being able to deep-dive into complex cross-domain problems and stepping out of my comfort zone with projects, technologies and people. I can spontaneously collaborate with literally anyone—from my Audible teammates to my Amazon counterparts to our CIO and CEO—and most importantly get valuable feedback along the way.
Software Development Engineer