Product Manager - Audible Discovery on Amazon RetailProduct and Technology | Job ID 908578
This role will serve as a strong collaborative leader who will influence a cross functional team of stakeholders (at Audible and Amazon) and will be responsible for crafting and delivering delightful customer experiences that showcase the very best of Audible. You will be responsible raising the bar on the art of developing beautiful and category-defining solutions, as well as the science of applying a data-driven experimentation-oriented mindset that sits at the foundation of all decisions. You will relentlessly focus on customer needs, partnering with the business, working with user experience designers and technical innovators to craft product features and experiences that become the growth engine for Audible. You will be a leader on the ultimate vision and strategy of your product area.
You are a proven customer-obsessed consumer discovery product leader, who is fully immersed in the Amazon eco-system. You’re inventive, your vision far transcends what is visible today. You’re operationally oriented and make the important happen. You have a track record of building and launching massively successful products that customers love. You’re an entrepreneur. You see ambiguity as opportunity, and obstacles as chances to build. Your deep empathy and inquisitiveness liberates you from the ordinary solutions and compels you to find extraordinary implementations that truly differentiates membership with Audible.
You’re an accountable, hands on problem-solver with a positive attitude, letting nothing stand in the way. You know how to clarify the path forward and prioritize work. You know how to influence others. You’re a natural collaborator equally comfortable talking tech with developers, user experience with designers, copy and positioning with product marketers, numbers with finance and marketing, and strategy with executive leadership. You will innately have excellent communication skills, team leadership and high judgment. You will have proven analytical capabilities, strong persuasive writing skills, deep technology understanding, broad business experience and the tenacity to develop ideas independently and thrive in a fast-paced start-up environment. You are creative, collaborative, results-oriented and culturally aligned with Audible’s entrepreneurial DNA and mission. You have an appreciation for the business-facing elements of innovation and incentive, however never confuse the pursuit of financial outcomes as anything other than the result of the best of all customer experiences. You’re ready to be a missionary for spoken-word storytelling and listening around the world.
· Establish and continuously update the vision and strategy of the Audible discovery roadmap on Amazon retail.
· Improving existing touchpoints and proactively identify new areas of growth for Audible to enable discovery of the Audible catalogue on Amazon retail.
· Partner with UX to define good outcomes for qualitative testing, ensuring we are building the right experience for a diverse range of intents.
· Influence technical teams to harness relevant modeling inputs for various customer facing applications to drive towards a business goal.
· Drive product development from conceptualization through launch creating actionable plans, work streams and deliver tactics for new product features.
· Write market, functional and system requirements documents and ensure clear communication and coordination of requirements to business and development teams. Create plans that have clear, measurable success criteria.
· Regularly review metrics and proactively seek out new and improved data/mechanisms for visibility.
· 6+ years of experience in product management.
· Data-informed: Define metrics for success and failure; ability to use quantitative and qualitative data to back up assumptions and make decisions.
· Team player: Strong, demonstrated ability to rally and bring varying functional teams together, and break through stalled decision making. High emotional intelligence.
· High “signal to noise” capability i.e. able to identify what is most important amidst a large set of priorities and data points. Sound business & strategy judgment and strong analytical thinking skills are critical.
· Deep expertise with certain product management best practices including techniques for identifying customer needs, hypothesis-driven roadmaps, AB testing and data analysis.
· Experience with Agile methodologies, specifically working as the product owner or scrum master on a cross-functional team.
· Be able to make difficult decisions and lead through persuasion. Works effectively in a global, matrixed environment.
· Strong E.Q. and listening skills, with the ability to drive peak performance within the team, collaborate effectively with peers and influence at the executive level.
Audible is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age
Sign up for Job Alerts
- Software Development Engineer II Newark, New Jersey Product and Technology This opportunity is for a Software Development Engineer for Audible’s Consumer Domains group. We are the team that creat
- Sr. Manager, Software Development Newark, New Jersey Product and Technology Are you a software development manager passionate about optimizing development and testing lifecycle via tools and proce
- Software Dev Engineer Newark, New Jersey Product and Technology This opportunity is for a Software Development Engineer for Audible’s Consumer Domains group. We are the team that creat
What we can offer you
We are a community of brilliant minds, brimming with fresh ideas and working shoulder to shoulder to achieve greatness. And because of this, we think it’s only fair that we offer some nice little perks to everyone who goes the extra mile at Audible.
Fully stocked kitchen with all the snacks and drinks to get your creative thoughts flowing.
Dental and vision plans, life insurance, and the medical plan options that suit individual needs.
Plan for your future with employer-matched savings accounts.
We grant our employees restricted stock units, because we want them to think and act like owners.
We love what we do but everyone needs the opportunity to hit the refresh button. Take advantage of vacation days, sick days, and personal days to rejuvenate.
From tickets to local events and exciting company-sponsored events, regular outings and team-building events foster our spirit of collaboration.
As part of the Amazon family, Audible employees are entitled to a discount on products on Amazon.
Discounted sports clubs or fitness reimbursements.
What keeps me motivated here in one word is 'opportunities.' Being able to deep-dive into complex cross-domain problems and stepping out of my comfort zone with projects, technologies and people. I can spontaneously collaborate with literally anyone—from my Audible teammates to my Amazon counterparts to our CIO and CEO—and most importantly get valuable feedback along the way.
Software Development Engineer