Senior Manager Technical Program ManagementProduct & Technology | Job ID 1180902
ABOUT THE ROLE
Senior Technical Program Managers (TPMs) are Audible’s relay sprinters, taking projects over the finish line like a champion from concept, to launch. As a Senior TPM within our Data and Corporate Systems Program you’ll be the force behind a range of complex functionalities, from back-end Royalty to customer-facing Personalization. We unlock the power of our data to unite teams, share insights, and proactively improve features our customers will want, before they even realize they want it. We’re obsessed with our customers, so it’s important that you dream big – designing and building features that span across platforms, with no customer left behind.
You thrive at the heart of the action. At work, change is the only constant – and you wouldn’t have it any other way. Transparency and consistency define your communication skills. You see the bigger picture, letting it guide you, from project risks to retrospectives. “Meticulous” doesn’t do justice to your critical eye. You’re looking for the balance of an energizing start-up culture with the influence of a global e-commerce leader.
· Partner with the manager and other engineering teams to deliver complex/cross-functional projects.
· Interface and communicate with Software Engineering and QA teams, Product Managers and Customer support teams on a daily basis.
· Play a key, hands on role in defining the technical architecture of solutions for services.
· Collaborate to define core business objectives in order to deliver the best product, program or project with the most efficient use of company resources.
· Consistently and transparently communicate project risks, progress, launches and retrospectives across all stakeholders and teams.
· Work with cross functional teams – technology, business and operations in order to manage multiple projects that have conflicting needs and priorities from concept to launch. spanning teams and divisions in Audible and Amazon.
· Manage the visibility and transparency of dates, upcoming milestones and release dates throughout the Sprint development process.
· Monitor Apps Production Analytics dashboards to ensure roll-outs and ramp-ups are occurring as expected with no abnormalities, crashes or install failures.
· Build relationships with partner groups in Audible and Amazon and leverage those relationships to integrate your team's priorities within Amazon teams and understand how Amazon's projects impact our own work in this highly decentralized organization.
· Experience deploying distributed, multi-tier applications.
· Bachelor Degree in Computer Science or related field.
· 7+ years of experience working within or in tandem with software engineering teams.
· 2+ years of experience managing agile software projects.
· Adept at usage of various tools such as Microsoft Project & JIRA.
· Previous experience as a software engineer.
· Prior experience in building web based systems using Java/J2EE, Apache Tomcat.
· Experience building mobile device software and/or applications for large customer bases.
· Ability to navigate an ambiguous environment that pivots frequently to satisfy the needs of our customers.
· Detail oriented to ensure that project success is paramount.
· Results oriented and with a strong customer focus.
Audible, Inc. is the world’s largest seller and producer of spoken audio entertainment, information and educational programming. Since inventing and commercializing the first portable digital audio player in 1997, our focus on technological innovation and superior programming has earned us millions of subscribers around the world. We’re an Amazon subsidiary with a presence on four different continents, yet we maintain a startup vibe and small company feel. We offer more than 475,000 downloadable audiobooks, audio editions of periodicals, and other programs, and an escalating array of listening products that enrich daily life for a growing population of people who want to be more productive, well-informed, and thoughtfully entertained.
Audible is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Audible is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
What we can offer you
We are a community of brilliant minds, brimming with fresh ideas and working shoulder to shoulder to achieve greatness. And because of this, we think it’s only fair that we offer some nice little perks to everyone who goes the extra mile at Audible.
Fully stocked kitchen with all the snacks and drinks to get your creative thoughts flowing.
Dental and vision plans, life insurance, and the medical plan options that suit individual needs.
Plan for your future with employer-matched savings accounts.
We grant our employees restricted stock units, because we want them to think and act like owners.
We love what we do but everyone needs the opportunity to hit the refresh button. Take advantage of vacation days, sick days, and personal days to rejuvenate.
From tickets to local events and exciting company-sponsored events, regular outings and team-building events foster our spirit of collaboration.
As part of the Amazon family, Audible employees are entitled to a discount on products on Amazon.
Discounted sports clubs or fitness reimbursements.
What keeps me motivated here in one word is 'opportunities.' Being able to deep-dive into complex cross-domain problems and stepping out of my comfort zone with projects, technologies and people. I can spontaneously collaborate with literally anyone—from my Audible teammates to my Amazon counterparts to our CIO and CEO—and most importantly get valuable feedback along the way.
Software Development Engineer