Senior Manager, Tech Business Strategy & OperationsProduct & Technology | Job ID 1344834
· Rare combination of “thinker” and “do’er” paired with a strong aptitude for evaluating actionable innovation opportunities.
· An entrepreneur capable of building and executing independently or as part of working teams; must be able to identify and act upon an opportunity or problem without explicit instruction.
· A data-driven strategist who will readily abandon closely held-ideas in favor of stronger evidence — constantly iterating to make our offering better for customers.
· An exceptional written and verbal communicator with a knack for making complex topics simple and evangelizing and inspiring people at all levels of the organization based on a shared vision.
· A creative left and right brain thinker who has an exceptional ability to balance creativity with strong business judgment and analytical skills.
· A transformer who is passionate about figuring out what the future looks like, with a relentless focus on creating and improving customer value.
· A high tolerance for ambiguity and complexity with the ability to quickly change focus and balance the needs of the moment with longer-term goals.
· Resilient with positive attitude – even the stiffest challenges are possible with the right amount of creativity, good judgment, and hard work. Exhibit strong integrity and ability to follow through on commitments and deadlines.
· Directly support and enable Senior Director, Tech Business Management, in operationalizing a value, flow and quality framework across Tech, Product/UX and Product Marketing teams, in partnership with cross-functional stakeholders.
· Drive cross-functional initiatives in support of the Tech organization, leading by influence and without direct authority
· Driving a regular operating rhythm across the Tech organization translating Audible strategy into operational initiatives, and operationalizing data and insights frameworks which connect meaningfully to strategic priorities.
· Prior hands-on experience in the areas of planning and process, product and/or financial planning and strategy execution.
· Strong interpersonal skills and proven ability to work seamlessly with a variety of personalities and functional disciplines. Ability to build relationships with cross-functional colleagues.
· Experience writing strategy documents for executive audiences with clear recommendations in the midst of ambiguity
· Proven ability to track, prioritize, and drive multiple concurrent projects to success.
· Experience and comfort around using quantitative data and metrics to communicate ideas.
· Exceptional communication skills (both written and verbal); can succinctly and clearly communicate, and are able to produce documents and presentations that are ready for leadership review.
· Self-starter attitude and ability to rapidly build rapport and trust with across business functions.
· Deep understanding of and interest in the digital media content landscape, particularly audio.
· Bachelor's degree in Economics, Finance, Business, Math or related fields.
At Audible, we innovate and inspire through the power of voice. We're changing the narrative on storytelling. As a leading producer and provider of original spoken-word entertainment and audiobooks, we've redefined the ways people access, discover, and share stories. The stories we tell have the ability to transport and transform everyday moments into meaningful experiences and it's our people who make Audible's service possible. We're listeners, storytellers, and problem-solvers. Our perspectives and experiences power our ideas and come together in our mission to unleash the power of the spoken word.
Audible is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Audible is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Sign up for Job Alerts
- Senior Android Engineer Newark, New Jersey Product & Technology
- Manager, Software Development - Core Android Newark, New Jersey Product & Technology
- 'Next Chapter' Returnship Program - QA Engineer, Web & Internationalization Newark, New Jersey Product & Technology
What we can offer you
We are a community of brilliant minds, brimming with fresh ideas and working shoulder to shoulder to achieve greatness. And because of this, we think it’s only fair that we offer some nice little perks to everyone who goes the extra mile at Audible.
Fully stocked kitchen with all the snacks and drinks to get your creative thoughts flowing.
Dental and vision plans, life insurance, and the medical plan options that suit individual needs.
Plan for your future with employer-matched savings accounts.
We grant our employees restricted stock units, because we want them to think and act like owners.
We love what we do but everyone needs the opportunity to hit the refresh button. Take advantage of vacation days, sick days, and personal days to rejuvenate.
From tickets to local events and exciting company-sponsored events, regular outings and team-building events foster our spirit of collaboration.
As part of the Amazon family, Audible employees are entitled to a discount on products on Amazon.
Discounted sports clubs or fitness reimbursements.
What keeps me motivated here in one word is 'opportunities.' Being able to deep-dive into complex cross-domain problems and stepping out of my comfort zone with projects, technologies and people. I can spontaneously collaborate with literally anyone—from my Audible teammates to my Amazon counterparts to our CIO and CEO—and most importantly get valuable feedback along the way.
Software Development Engineer