Senior Manager of Process ImprovementCustomer Service | Job ID 1853400
Good storytelling starts with great listening. At Audible, that means each role and every project has our audience in mind. Because the same people who design, develop, and deploy our products also happen to use them. To us, that speaks volumes.
ABOUT THIS ROLE
This role reports into the VP, Global Customer Care and will lead the department-wide critical operational improvement initiatives to drive process and performance to realize business value. You will be responsible for identifying and prioritizing process improvement initiatives, prescribing strategies, and guiding the improvement effort. You will be responsible for leading and driving process improvements (short-term wins) as well as process design/redesign (long-term wins) efforts via kaizen initiatives and/or project management (PMP/Scrum). You will also be a coach and trainer for Lean Six Sigma-based continuous improvement methodologies. This position requires a candidate with considerable proven leadership ability to facilitate and guide the application of Lean and Six Sigma methodologies and advanced technology to process improvements. Change management experience is also necessary because the role requires motivating others and cross-functional collaboration to meet the challenges of an extremely deadline-driven environment while achieving impeccable quality.
· You are Customer Obsessed. You seek to deeply understand the needs of your customers, both internal and external, and strive to design and advocate for solutions that will delight them.
· You are Bright. You excel at understanding and diagnosing broken or frustrating customer experiences through qualitative and quantitative data and transforming it into compelling narratives to drive action. You grasp new concepts quickly and are eager to learn anything that will create value. You also easily navigate the people aspects of a complex, global organization.
· You are Bold. You are a self-starter, taking initiative to influence others and drive progress with minimal direction. You are not afraid to challenge the status quo, applying strong business judgment to find novel solutions to problems. You thrive in a culture of empowerment, innovation, and rapid change.
· You are Passionate. You are excited to drive existing opportunities and discover new ones. You imbue a passion for excellence into everything you do, not only raising the bar, but also having fun along the way. Most importantly, you can’t wait to be part of a customer-centric revolution!
As a Senior Manager of Process Improvement, you will...
· Use knowledge and understanding of Lean and Six Sigma methodologies to improve the capability of their business processes.
· Dive deep into every business process and question status quo to improve quality, cost, or time opportunities.
· Design and implement a continuous improvement training program for senior leaders and managers and foster a sustained culture .
· Demonstrate a product-based mindset to deliver value for our customers – prioritizing continuous evolution, data-driven decisions, and customer delight.
· Support implementation activities using change management approaches and interact with staff and senior leadership to accomplish project objectives.
· Maintain inventory of processes and coordinate updates to the inventory working with various functional team.
· Proactively, anticipate, identify, and resolve challenges that may impair the organization’s ability to meet its strategic, financial, and technical goals.
· Regularly review metrics and proactively seek out new and improved data/mechanisms for visibility, ensuring your roadmap stays aligned with organization objectives.
· Work with leadership to establish a vision, articulate strategies, and drive a roadmap to support Audible’s operating plan and strategy.
· Work closely with cross functional teams to gather requirements, articulate new product experiences, and gain alignment from key stakeholders.
· Interact with all levels of management and be able to document existing Customer Care processes, manage and analyze data, and recommend enhanced processes.
· Lean/Sig Sigma Black Belt Certification.
· Experience deploying transactional lean, manufacturing lean, variation reduction, and design for six sigma methodologies in both service and software.
· 5+ years of experience in program or project management delivering cross functional projects
· Strong experience using data and metrics to measure and drive improvements.
· Self-starter capable of taking initiative and working with minimal direction.
· Exceptional collaboration, and communication skills.
· Ability to lead, teach and develop teams to deliver key organizational goals.
· Ability to influence business partners to make informed decisions and teams without direct authority.
· Ability to handle changing priorities and use good judgment when working in stressful situations.
· Lean/Six Sigma Master Black Belt Certification.
· Experience working in an organization focused on customer experience, preferably Customer Service.
· Advanced analytical and statistics experience.
At Audible, we innovate and inspire through the power of voice. We're changing the narrative on storytelling. As a leading producer and provider of audio storytelling and spoken-word entertainment, we've redefined the ways people access, discover, and share stories. The stories we tell have the ability to transport and transform everyday moments into meaningful experiences and it's our people who make Audible's service possible. We're listeners, storytellers, and problem-solvers. Our perspectives and experiences power our ideas and come together in our mission to unleash the power of the spoken word.
Audible is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Audible is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Plan for every chapter of your career journey with a wide range of generous benefits that you can rely on. We’re fostering an environment where everyone can thrive, individually and as part of the greater Audible community.