Senior Manager, MBA Rotational ProgramFinance & Insight | Job ID 1505608
As a Sr. Manager in the Insights group you will be responsible for surfacing data-driven strategic opportunities for the Executive Leadership team and for core business functions. You will provide strategic, operational, economic, and financial analysis to frame and drive decisions - and develop KPIs and scorecards to track initiative progress/performance to drive a focus on results and execution.
As a Sr. Manager on Strategic Initiatives, you will help plan key forward-looking initiatives, including measuring progress against the three year strategy and proactively suggesting strategic adjustments. You will directly support the strategy team in partnering with content, marketing, finance, analytics, and technology leadership and the executive team to assess, plan, and enable cross-functional opportunities.
Critical to the success of this role is your ability to think strategically, develop insightful analysis, communicate findings concisely to senior leaders, work effectively as part of a cross functional team, and analyze big data. Working across the entire business, you will be exposed to a wide range of functions and develop the knowledge and skill to be a trusted advisor across a wide range of issues to our Senior Leaders. The ideal candidate will develop skills, knowledge, and a track-record of success that will eventually result in growth opportunities to lead cross-functional projects/initiatives in any part of the organization.
· Rare combination of “thinker” and “do’er” paired with a strong aptitude for evaluating actionable innovation opportunities.
· An entrepreneur capable of building and executing independently or as part of working teams; must be able to identify and act upon an opportunity or problem without explicit instruction.
· A data-driven strategist who will readily abandon closely held-ideas in favor of stronger evidence — constantly iterating to make our offering better for customers.
· An exceptional written and verbal communicator with a knack for making complex topics simple and evangelizing and inspiring people at all levels of the organization based on a shared vision.
· A creative left and right brain thinker who has an exceptional ability to balance creativity with strong business judgment and analytical skills.
· A transformer who is passionate about figuring out what the future looks like, with a relentless focus on creating and improving customer value.
· A high tolerance for ambiguity and complexity with the ability to quickly change focus and balance the needs of the moment with longer-term goals.
· Resilient with positive attitude – even the stiffest challenges are possible with the right amount of creativity, good judgment, and hard work.
· Exhibit strong integrity and ability to follow through on commitments and deadlines.
· Intellectual curiosity for what drives the business including deep understanding of and interest in the digital media content landscape, particularly audio.
· Experience and confidence working with senior leaders and diverse stakeholders.
· Proven ability to track, prioritize, and drive multiple concurrent projects to success.
· Background in digital content/media, management consulting, financial analyst, operations, or strategy.
· Knowledge of data/analytical tools and expertise in excel.
· Strong interpersonal skills and proven ability to work seamlessly with a variety of personalities and functional disciplines. Active listener with a keen ability to read situations, understand audiences, connect the dots.
· Aptitude and drive to learn new tools and skills quickly.
· Quantitative degree (Economics, Finance, Business, Math or related fields).
· Understanding of ecommerce analytics, marketing analytics, experimentation, membership/loyalty analytics and revenue management techniques.
· Experience in database querying (SQL), relational databases, big data, Microstrategy, Salesforce, Adobe/Omniture, Tableau, Python, R, jupyter, SAS, SPPS, Matlab, or any other analytics/data science tool.
At Audible, we innovate and inspire through the power of voice. We're changing the narrative on storytelling. As a leading producer and provider of original spoken-word entertainment and audiobooks, we've redefined the ways people access, discover, and share stories. The stories we tell have the ability to transport and transform everyday moments into meaningful experiences and it's our people who make Audible's service possible. We're listeners, storytellers, and problem-solvers. Our perspectives and experiences power our ideas and come together in our mission to unleash the power of the spoken word.
Audible is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Audible is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
At Audible, we seek to exemplify what a company can mean beyond what it does. As Newark's fastest-growing private employer, we recruit and cultivate local talent as well as drive forward a wide range of community initiatives with a focus on supporting Newark's renaissance. Our global offices embrace their local communities as well, and our employees around the world volunteer and serve in their communities in addition to seeding and growing the local creative economy.
Plan for every chapter of your career journey with a wide range of generous benefits that you can rely on. We’re fostering an environment where everyone can thrive, individually and as part of the greater Audible community.