Senior Manager, Financial Planning & Analysis - Content ValuationFinance & Insight | Job ID 1668883
ABOUT THIS ROLE
At Audible, content is at our core; as a Senior Manager on the Global Content Financial Planning and Analysis (FP&A) team, you will provide financial and operating decision support to the teams that create, curate, and deliver content to Audible’s millions of listeners. You will develop and maintain relationships with key personnel within Content and across the organization, with the steadfast focus of delivering thoughtful analysis, actionable insights, and iterative process improvements that support the business’s long-term strategy for maximum impact.
· Self-starter who independently identifies opportunities for improvement and paths to overcoming challenges.
· Comfortable with ambiguity and complexity, with the ability to prioritize and balance immediate needs with longer-term goals, following through on commitments and deadlines.
· Compelling communicator, with the ability to ‘translate’ financial topics and complex issues into easy to understand language for people throughout the organization, including senior leadership.
· Capable of influencing working teams across disciplines without direct authority.
· Demonstrated financial acumen through experience with forecasting, budgeting, variance analysis, performing financial analysis using advanced Excel functionality and providing recommendations based on results for decision making.
· Able see the forest AND the trees, and to distill critical points from large and/or incomplete data sets.
As a Senior Manager of FP&A, you will...
· Partner with business teams on content deal development, including opportunity assessment, valuation, and financial deal terms structuring.
· Iterate on process improvements and automations that help us become more nimble, proficient, and data-driven in our decision-making.
· Translate long-range company goals into strategic financial plans.
· Monitor performance indicators, highlighting trends and analyzing causes of unexpected variance.
· Drive the identification, development, and measurement of key metrics for new initiatives.
· Perform P&L and Cash Flow forecasting and management.
· Lead and coordinate with international finance teams in global content statements and reviews.
· Bachelor’s degree in finance or business.
· Proven ability to build relationships and communicate with peers, senior leaders, and other critical stakeholders.
· Excellent time management and organizational skills, with the ability to prioritize and multi-task, and deliver under shifting deadlines in a fast paced environment.
· Prior experience in digital media and/or publishing industry.
· SQL knowledge.
At Audible, we innovate and inspire through the power of voice. We're changing the narrative on storytelling. As a leading producer and provider of original spoken-word entertainment and audiobooks, we've redefined the ways people access, discover, and share stories. The stories we tell have the ability to transport and transform everyday moments into meaningful experiences and it's our people who make Audible's service possible. We're listeners, storytellers, and problem-solvers. Our perspectives and experiences power our ideas and come together in our mission to unleash the power of the spoken word.
Audible is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Audible is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Sign up for Job Alerts
- Data Analyst Newark, New Jersey Finance & Insight
- Product Analyst Newark, New Jersey Finance & Insight
- Senior Manager, Audible Strategy and Insights Rotational Program Newark, New Jersey Finance & Insight
Plan for every chapter of your career journey with a wide range of generous benefits that you can rely on. We’re fostering an environment where everyone can thrive, individually and as part of the greater Audible community.