Senior Manager, Corporate EventsPeople & Operations | Job ID 2066050
Good storytelling starts with great listening. At Audible, that means each role and every project has our audience in mind. Because the same people who design, develop, and deploy our products also happen to use them. To us, that speaks volumes.
ABOUT THIS ROLE
Audible is currently looking to hire a dynamic, high performing professional for the role of Senior Manager, Events, Audible. You will report to our Director of Facilities & Services on the Workplace, Real Estate & Facilities team positioned in our People & Places part of the organization. You will be a self-starter eager to take the initiative and work with minimal direction, with a high tolerance for ambiguity. We’re seeking an engaging teammate; exhibiting strong integrity, confidence and curiosity to make sure we’re keeping up with and possibly even ahead of the latest events trends.
As the Senior Manager, Corporate Events you will...
- Oversee and execute Internal and External Audible events for employees including leadership events, recruiting events, conferences, and employee engagement events.
- Partner with the Global Center for Urban Development to develop and create activations/events in and for the City of Newark.
- Develop internal, self-service resources for employees to reference to independently host internal events (Spectrum & Belonging, happy hours, recognition events, team events).
- Assist with the Real Estate and Facilities team communications and coordination of response activity during our return to work plans and emergencies.
- Partner with contractors/onsite vendors such as food service, security teams to execute events.
- Manage the annual calendar of employee and recruiting events for the year.
- Direct and manage team SWAG stores and the Audible Supply Co. store.
- Independently recommend and drive integrated strategy for each employee event in which the company participates leveraging outside vendors and resources when needed.
- Partner with Corporate Communications team and event partners (such as recruiting) to ensure positioning, messaging, goals, deliverables, and tactics are achieved before, during, and after each event.
- Provide and partner with Recruiting and other partners to analyze data, provide metrics, benchmark, and show expenses per event.
- Monitor marketplace and industry trends and incorporate knowledge in program planning.
- Manage event site logistics including negotiating portions of site contracts with vendors.
- Manage and develop events budget.
- Multi-task with the ability to quickly change focus and balance the needs of the moment with longer-term goals.
- Effectively engage with and manage all employee event support roles, resources and partnerships internally and externally.
- Perform other tasks as assigned by the Director of Facilities and Services.
- BA/BS degree or equivalent practical experience.
- 7+ years’ experience in corporate event planning or in a similar function.
- 3+ years’ experience with direct people and vendor management.
- Experienced user of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Power Point).
- Ability to travel up to 20% and to work some weekends and evenings.
- Strong communication skills; comfortable presenting and speaking to executive management and large audiences.
- Excellent project management, leadership and collaboration skills.
- Demonstrated ability to adapt quickly to changes in priorities and remain productive under pressure.
At Audible, we innovate and inspire through the power of voice. We're changing the narrative on storytelling. As a leading creator and provider of premium audio storytelling, we've redefined the ways people access, discover, and share stories. The stories we tell have the ability to transport and transform everyday moments into meaningful experiences and it's our people who make Audible's service possible. We're listeners, storytellers, and problem-solvers. Our perspectives and experiences power our ideas and come together in our mission to unleash the power of the spoken word.
Audible is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Audible is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
At Audible, we seek to exemplify what a company can mean beyond what it does. As Newark's fastest-growing private employer, we recruit and cultivate local talent as well as drive forward a wide range of community initiatives with a focus on supporting Newark's renaissance. Our global offices embrace their local communities as well, and our employees around the world volunteer and serve in their communities in addition to seeding and growing the local creative economy.
Plan for every chapter of your career journey with a wide range of generous benefits that you can rely on. We’re fostering an environment where everyone can thrive, individually and as part of the greater Audible community.