Senior Manager, Content StrategyFinance & Insight | Job ID 1289070
Content Strategy sits within Audible’s Strategic Initiatives Team and is a core part of Audible’s mission to unleash the power of the spoken word. We use both qualitative and quantitative methods to identify strategic, content-driven opportunities for Audible to provide a differentiated offering that delights our customers. In Content Strategy, we develop and execute the plans needed to make those content opportunities a reality, building and executing the long-term vision for the content Audible develops, produces and acquires. We provide the strategic frameworks that Audible’s deal makers and creatives across the global need to move fast to make it real. We seek individuals who are passionate about the evolving audio entertainment landscape and want to be part of defining the future. We’re looking for an analytical and creative thinker, with the ability to ask the right questions and develop a point of view that will influence decisions.
· An [audio] entertainment obsessive with a constant pulse on the latest trends in audiobooks, podcasting, radio and audio edutainment.
· A transformer who is passionate about figuring out what the future looks like, with a relentless focus on creating and improving customer value.
· A digital media maven and rare combination of “thinker” and “do’er” paired with a strong aptitude for understanding of content strategy.
· A data-driven strategist who will readily abandon closely held-ideas in favor of stronger evidence — constantly iterating to make our content better.
· An exceptional communicator with a knack for making complex topics simple, in writing, and evangelizing and inspiring people at all levels of the organization based on a shared vision.
· A creative thinker who has an exceptional ability to balance creativity with strong business judgment and analytical skills.
· A hands-on multitasker who can quickly change focus and balance the needs of the moment with longer-term goals with a high tolerance for ambiguity and complexity.
· Resilient with positive attitude – even the stiffest challenges are possible with the right amount of creativity, good judgment, and hard work. Exhibit strong integrity and ability to follow through on commitments and deadlines.
· Support the development of Audible’s long-term content strategy in lock step with the company’s overall business strategy. Drive forward using constant iteration, data analysis, market research and cross-functional communication.
· Work with content team members to translate our strategy to short-term goals and priorities. Identify and plan new partnership structures and deal making strategies with existing and new creative partners.
· Build robust, global programming strategies that drive long-term customer value while maximizing value for creators.
· Support with management and oversight of Audible’s global portfolio of content to ensure we have the right content for our current and future customers.
· Bring a data-driven mentality to content development at Audible. Help evolve the global content lifecycle and influence team operations to ensure data and insight drive Audible’s content investment decisions.
· Develop industry-leading content ROI and valuation strategies for audio entertainment and storytelling.
· Evaluate innovation opportunities and lead emerging category initiatives that tie our customer strategy to our content pipeline.
· Prior hands-on experience in the areas of content strategy, strategic and/or financial planning and strategy execution, in a global capacity.
· Deep understanding of and interest in digital media content.
· Self-starter capable of taking initiative and working with minimal direction.
· Strong interpersonal skills and proven ability to work seamlessly with a variety of personalities and functional disciplines.
· Demonstrated ability to influence, build relationships, and drive projects among complex global and cross-functional stakeholders.
· Experience and comfort around using quantitative data and metrics to communicate ideas.
· Exceptional writing and communication skills (with technical and non-technical teams).
· Bachelor's degree in Economics, Finance, Business, Math or related fields.
· Understanding of audio production and development.
· Experience with content programming and customer trends/research.
· Digital media content royalties and analytics experience.
· Consumer tech in an on-demand streaming environment, working with directly with product teams.
At Audible, we innovate and inspire through the power of voice. We're changing the narrative on storytelling. As the world’s largest producer and provider of original spoken-word entertainment and audiobooks, we've redefined the ways people access, discover, and share stories. The stories we tell have the ability to transport and transform everyday moments into meaningful experiences and it's our people who make Audible's service possible. We're listeners, storytellers, and problem-solvers. Our perspectives and experiences power our ideas and come together in our mission to unleash the power of the spoken word.
Audible is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Audible is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
At Audible, we seek to exemplify what a company can mean beyond what it does. As Newark's fastest-growing private employer, we recruit and cultivate local talent as well as drive forward a wide range of community initiatives with a focus on supporting Newark's renaissance. Our global offices embrace their local communities as well, and our employees around the world volunteer and serve in their communities in addition to seeding and growing the local creative economy.
Plan for every chapter of your career journey with a wide range of generous benefits that you can rely on. We’re fostering an environment where everyone can thrive, individually and as part of the greater Audible community.