Senior Manager, Audible Strategy and Insights Rotational ProgramFinance & Insight | Job ID 1637388
same people who design, develop, and deploy our products also happen to use them. To us, that speaks volumes.
As part of the first cohort of Audible’s S&I rotational program, you will spend 18-24 months completing two rotations between the Audible Strategic Initiatives and Global Insights and Data Science (GIDS) teams.
As a Sr. Manager on Strategic Initiatives, you will help plan key forward-looking initiatives, including measuring progress against the three-year strategy and proactively suggesting strategic adjustments. You will directly support the strategy team in partnering with content, marketing, finance, analytics, and technology leadership and the executive team to assess, plan, and enable cross-functional opportunities.
As a Sr. Manager in our Global Insights and Data Science team, you will be responsible for surfacing data-driven strategic opportunities for the Executive Leadership team and for core business functions. You will provide strategic, operational, economic, and financial analysis to frame and drive decisions - and develop KPIs and scorecards to track initiative progress/performance to drive a focus on results and execution.
Critical to the success of this role is your ability to think strategically, develop insights, communicate findings concisely to senior colleagues, and work effectively as part of a cross functional team. Working across the entire business, you will be exposed to a wide range of functions and develop the knowledge and skill to be a trusted advisor across a wide range of issues to our Senior Leaders. The ideal candidate will develop skills, knowledge, and a track-record of success that will eventually result in growth opportunities to lead cross-functional projects/initiatives in any part of the organization.
· Rare combination of “thinker” and “do’er” paired with a strong aptitude for evaluating actionable innovation opportunities.
· An entrepreneur capable of building and executing independently or as part of working teams; must be able to identify and act upon an opportunity or problem without explicit instruction.
· A data-driven strategist who will readily abandon closely held-ideas in favor of stronger evidence — constantly iterating to make our offering better for customers.
· An exceptional written and verbal communicator with a knack for making complex topics simple and evangelizing and inspiring people at all levels of the organization based on a shared vision.
· A creative left and right brain thinker who has an exceptional ability to balance creativity with strong business judgment and analytical skills.
· A transformer who is passionate about figuring out what the future looks like, with a relentless focus on creating and improving customer value.
· A high tolerance for ambiguity and complexity with the ability to quickly change focus and balance the needs of the moment with longer-term goals.
· Resilient with positive attitude – even the stiffest challenges are possible with the right amount of creativity, good judgment, and hard work. Exhibit strong integrity and ability to follow through on commitments and deadlines.
· Curiosity for what drives the business including deep understanding of and interest in the digital media content landscape, particularly audio.
· Professional experience in digital content/media, management consulting, finance, operations, strategy, or equivalent.
· Experience using excel for financial or other modeling in a business context.
· Proven ability to track, prioritize, and drive multiple concurrent projects to success.
· Experience working with diverse stakeholders, including strong interpersonal skills and proven ability to work seamlessly with a variety of personalities and functional disciplines.
· Exceptional communication skills (both written and verbal), including experience producing high caliber documents and presentations.
· Proven ability to read situations, understand audiences, connect the dots.
· Experience with ecommerce, marketing, membership/loyalty, A/B testing, revenue management techniques.
· Practical experience using BI tools (e.g., Tableau, Adobe) to visualize data.
· Familiarity with techniques such as linear models, time series analysis/forecasting, classification.
· Experience collaborating with data scientists, including basic understanding of machine learning techniques such as text-based analysis (NLP), supervised and unsupervised models such as KNN, K-means, random forests, GPT, and similar.
At Audible, we understand that experience comes in many forms. We are dedicated to adding new perspectives to our team - so if your experience is close to what we’re looking for and you believe you can perform the duties for this position, please consider applying.
At Audible, we innovate and inspire through the power of voice. We're changing the narrative on storytelling. As a leading producer and provider of original spoken-word entertainment and audiobooks, we've redefined the ways people access, discover, and share stories. The stories we tell have the ability to transport and transform everyday moments into meaningful experiences and it's our people who make Audible's service possible. We're listeners, storytellers, and problem-solvers. Our perspectives and experiences power our ideas and come together in our mission to unleash the power of the spoken word.
Audible is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Audible is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Sign up for Job Alerts
- Data Analyst Newark, New Jersey Finance & Insight
- Product Analyst Newark, New Jersey Finance & Insight
- Senior Manager, Financial Planning & Analysis - Content Valuation Newark, New Jersey Finance & Insight
At Audible, we seek to exemplify what a company can mean beyond what it does. As Newark's fastest-growing private employer, we recruit and cultivate local talent as well as drive forward a wide range of community initiatives with a focus on supporting Newark's renaissance. Our global offices embrace their local communities as well, and our employees around the world volunteer and serve in their communities in addition to seeding and growing the local creative economy.
Plan for every chapter of your career journey with a wide range of generous benefits that you can rely on. We’re fostering an environment where everyone can thrive, individually and as part of the greater Audible community.