Senior Manager, Analytics
Newark, New Jersey
Job ID: 870775
Audible is looking for a Senior Manager Global Insights and Data Science to support our business objectives. The role will be based in Newark (NJ).
She/he will make the best of her/his skillset in business, marketing, finance, econometrics, statistics, simulation and business intelligence to describe, explain, quantify, predict, influence and prescribe. She/he will know how to translate business and financial goals into agile, insightful analytics. She/he will seek to create value for both stakeholders and customers, and will convey findings and recommendations in a clear, actionable way to managers and senior leaders.
· Will support primarily our customer acquisition objectives (upper funnel) with strong hands-on contributions.
· Will build analytical products end-to-end (decks, dashboards, data science models, simulations) at scale and at speed, from ideation and data extraction to presenting results to stakeholders (from manager to VP level).
· Will provide new and innovative solutions for complex problems, sometimes imagine and invent before stakeholders ask, sometimes using cutting-edge approaches.
· Will be a full part of the Audible Global Insight and Data Science team and contribute to the growth of the team, share her/his ideas, intellectual property, and learn from others. In particular will bring Audible to the next stage of marketing and FP&A intelligence capabilities.
· Will develop communications strategies and have significant persuasion skills by leveraging data.
· Will need to exercise considerable creativity, foresight, and judgement in conceiving, planning, and delivering initiatives.
· Ability to reconcile multiple stakeholder views using data insights.
· Ability to manage issues across significantly divergent audiences and present data in a clear and understandable manner.
· MS or MBA preferably with majors in the following discipline: Data Science, Computer Science, Statistics, Economics.
· 3+ years of working experience, if possible in digital customer business, subscription business a plus.
· Experience with Micro-strategy, Tableau or other reporting tools.
· Fluency in SQL.
· Fluency in Python (preferred) and/or R.
· Knowledge of Java or C# a plus
· Exposure to Agile and process management a plus.
· Exposure to AWS technologies a plus.
· Exposure to Spark a plus.
· Passion for data (and fearlessness in the face of a data tsunami). Track record of thought leadership and outstanding expertise in analytics.
· Customer- and business obsession, with a bias for action and a drive to create measurable value.
· Willingness to engage with stakeholders, enthuse them for BI and data science benefits.
· Can navigate complex, matrix-shaped organizations and be persuasive and caring with a wide range of diverse, cross-cultural audiences.
· Communication skills must be as polished in person as they are over video- or audio- conferences.
· Ability to thrive in complex business environments defined by uncertain, incomplete or limited information and evolving targets. Comfortable finding (or building) common ground to drive his/her agenda.
· Strong at handling resource and urgency constrains and prioritizing deliveries.
Audible is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age.
Audible, Inc. is the world’s largest seller and producer of spoken audio entertainment, information and educational programming. Since inventing and commercializing the first portable digital audio player in 1997, our focus on technological innovation and superior programming has earned us millions of subscribers around the world. We’re an Amazon subsidiary with a presence on four different continents, yet we maintain a startup vibe and small company feel. We offer more than 475,000 downloadable audiobooks, audio editions of periodicals, and other programs, and an escalating array of listening products that enrich daily life for a growing population of people who want to be more productive, well-informed, and thoughtfully entertained.