Senior Front End Software EngineerTechnology | Job ID 2182646
Good storytelling starts with great listening. At Audible, that means each role and every project has our audience in mind. Because the same people who design, develop, and deploy our products also happen to use them. To us, that speaks volumes.
ABOUT THIS ROLE
As a Senior Front-End Engineer, it's up to you to define, design and refine the tech that keeps us one step ahead of listeners. Anticipate. Innovate. Bring challenging ideas and we'll support you with the latest tech, tools and systems that you need to succeed. You'll be essential in ensuring the team can reach their potential; working closely with them, reviewing their work, mentoring, and supporting them to develop. Together, you'll build and maintain our platform to bring thousands of stories to millions of listeners and unleash the power of the human voice.
This opportunity is to work as a software development engineer with a focus on front-end work within the Audible's engineering team. The team is building customer facing UI for Audible application. We need your help to develop and deliver on this vision. Success means we lay the foundation for continued expansion of our company without disrupting an already tremendously successful and much-loved project.
As a Senior Front-End Engineer, you will...
- Develop web solutions and services: Envisioning, designing, creating, and supporting our solutions that operate with a high degree of operational excellence.
- Partner with a cross-functional team to imagine, design, develop, test, and launch software that wows our community and inspires our peers.
- Explore technical needs and bring problems AND solutions to the table.
- Constantly strive to raise the bar on engineering excellence.
- Lead the way - staying up to date with tools, trends, technologies and frameworks both industry-wide and within Amazon and then sharing that knowledge in a meaningful way with the community.
- UI development skills with knowledge of: JS or Typescript, or Angular, or React
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Computer Science or technical field.
- 4+ years of professional software development experience.
- Working knowledge of dependency injection, operations/promises, and modular development.
- Demonstrated experience in problem-solving with experience in ambiguous situations.
- Experience in documentation, unit testing, code reviews, test automation, continuous integration & deployment.
- Experience in Agile development.
- Foundational knowledge of building large scale service and web applications in AWS or other cloud-based environments.
- Ability to think creatively and adapt messages to the audience.
- Prior use of AWS technologies at scale in a production.
- Experience with documentation, unit testing, code reviews, test automation, continuous integration & deployment and a preference for agile methods environment.
- Problem solving skills; adaptable, proactive and willing to take ownership.
At Audible, we innovate and inspire through the power of voice. We're changing the narrative on storytelling. As a leading creator and provider of premium audio storytelling, we've redefined the ways people access, discover, and share stories. The stories we tell have the ability to transport and transform everyday moments into meaningful experiences and it's our people who make Audible's service possible. We're listeners, storytellers, and problem-solvers. Our perspectives and experiences power our ideas and come together in our mission to unleash the power of the spoken word. Audible offers a Hub+Home hybrid workplace model that gives employees flexibility between gathering in a common office space (work from hub) and remote work (work from home). Some teams will work mostly at hub, some mostly at home and others hybrid. For more information, please visit adbl.co/hybrid.
Audible is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Audible is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
What we can offer you
We are a community of brilliant minds, brimming with fresh ideas and working shoulder to shoulder to achieve greatness. And because of this, we think it’s only fair that we offer some nice little perks to everyone who goes the extra mile at Audible.
We promote flexibility in how and where we work with our Hub+Home hybrid workplace model.
Dental and vision plans, life insurance, and the medical plan options that suit individual needs.
Plan for your future with employer-matched savings accounts.
We grant our employees restricted stock units, because we want them to think and act like owners.
We love what we do but everyone needs the opportunity to hit the refresh button. Take advantage of vacation days, sick days, and personal days to rejuvenate.
We are committed to building and sustaining a diverse and inclusive culture and community. Audible’s Impact Groups encourage an environment where you can be you, and bring your whole self to work.
As part of the Amazon family, Audible employees are entitled to a discount on products on Amazon.
Learning & Development
We want to help you grow with learning and development programs, leadership training and tuition reimbursement.
Being a Data Scientist at Audible means impacting millions of customers every day—it's a meaningful and inspiring mission; to enrich customers’ lives with education, entertainment, and information.
Director, Data Science
At Audible, we seek to exemplify what a company can mean beyond what it does. As Newark's fastest-growing private employer, we recruit and cultivate local talent as well as drive forward a wide range of community initiatives with a focus on supporting Newark's renaissance. Our global offices embrace their local communities as well, and our employees around the world volunteer and serve in their communities in addition to seeding and growing the local creative economy.
Plan for every chapter of your career journey with a wide range of generous benefits that you can rely on. We’re fostering an environment where everyone can thrive, individually and as part of the greater Audible community.