Senior Director, User ResearchDesign & User Experience | Job ID 937190
User Research at Audible brings the customer’s viewpoint to all discussions as it relates to the visual and interaction design across all platforms and devices. User research provides insight on the "why" people do the things they do when interacting with Audible product’s touch points. By so doing, we contribute to the UX goal of a harmonious interplay and flow between the user’s mindset (goals and expectations) and product experiences (audio content discovery, subscription and consumption experiences) across devices.
You’re are perpetually inquisitive and embrace the challenge of unstructured asks from stakeholders.
You’re a detail-oriented person when it comes to collecting user research but also do not lose sight of the big picture when it comes to analysis and drawing relevant and meaningful insights. You are also one who is confident in your thoroughness when it comes to user research and welcome opportunities to defend the logic and reasoning behind your insights and recommendations.
You’re a born collaborator, eager to work side-by-side with high performance multidisciplinary designers, product managers and technologists exploring the limits of audio content discovery, subscription and consumption experiences.
· Define, track and report key user experience metrics.
· Maintain and evangelize the vision of Audible’s User Research vision.
· Distill research questions into well thought-out research plans and aligning them with product roadmap.
· Identify best research methods based on research goals, timeline and resourcing.
· Develop and implement user-centered research throughout the design and development cycle using a variety of methodologies including: usability task scenario studies, contextual inquiry, diary studies, task analysis, heuristic evaluation, benchmarking/competitive analysis, card sorting technique, 1 click testing and other appropriate qualitative and quantitative research techniques.
· Perform quick but thorough data analysis in order to create actionable findings.
· Deliver high quality user research solutions in an environment with frequently shifting priorities and new market opportunities.
· Be a strong and vocal user advocate.
· Direct management of a team of user researchers.
· Experience defining global usability metrics.
· Ability to uniquely balance, lead, and direct both qualitative and quantitative research initiatives.
· Excellent communication, presentation, interpersonal and analytical skills; the ability to communicate complex concepts clearly and persuasively across different audiences and varying levels of the organization.
· Minimum of 8 years professional experience in User Research, 4 years with direct management experience.
· A strong portfolio demonstrating past work experience and deliverables (including study plans, usability study reports, user research “big picture synthesis” presentations).
· End-to-end experience with all aspects of research (study design, recruiting, moderating, analysis, & reporting).
· Hands-on experience with the following methods: lab-based user testing, remote testing, field research, and survey design.
· Experience in UX and Visual design.
· Masters or PhD degree in Cognitive or Experimental Psychology, Human Computer Interaction, Computer Science, Anthropology or related field.
Audible, Inc. is the world’s largest seller and producer of spoken audio entertainment, information and educational programming. Since inventing and commercializing the first portable digital audio player in 1997, our focus on technological innovation and superior programming has earned us millions of subscribers around the world. We’re an Amazon subsidiary with a presence on four different continents, yet we maintain a startup vibe and small company feel. We offer more than 475,000 downloadable audiobooks, audio editions of periodicals, and other programs, and an escalating array of listening products that enrich daily life for a growing population of people who want to be more productive, well-informed, and thoughtfully entertained.
Audible is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Audible is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Sign up for Job Alerts
- Sr Director, UX Design Newark, New Jersey Design & User Experience User Experience Design is at the heart of Audible’s goal to be customer obsessed. The UX team works ceaselessly to trans
- UX Research Director Newark, New Jersey Design & User Experience User Experience Research is at the heart of Audible’s goal to be obsessed with our customers, bringing their point of vi
- UX Designer Newark, New Jersey Design & User Experience User Experience Design is at the heart of Audible’s goal to be customer obsessed. The UX team works ceaselessly to trans
At Audible, we seek to exemplify what a company can mean beyond what it does. As Newark's fastest-growing private employer, we recruit and cultivate local talent as well as drive forward a wide range of community initiatives with a focus on supporting Newark's renaissance. Our global offices embrace their local communities as well, and our employees around the world volunteer and serve in their communities in addition to seeding and growing the local creative economy.
Plan for every chapter of your career journey with a wide range of generous benefits that you can rely on. We’re fostering an environment where everyone can thrive, individually and as part of the greater Audible community.