Senior Director, Data Product ManagementProduct & User Experience | Job ID 1875399
Good storytelling starts with great listening. At Audible, that means each role and every project has our audience in mind. Because the same people who design, develop, and deploy our products also happen to use them. To us, that speaks volumes.
ABOUT THIS ROLE
Imagine a company with millions of the most satisfied customers on the planet, that has been delighting those customers for decades, and that has consistently pushed the boundaries of technology, entertainment, education, and self-improvement. Now add to that a company culture that puts the customer at the center of every decision and action, striving to enrich their lives through this engaging experience with the world through words. How does this company so consistently delight customers? Relying on data and science, this company pairs an in-depth understanding of customer needs and a data-intensive characterization of its vast catalog to drive an unmatched experience.
You can be part of this amazing Amazon company, Audible, leading a Product Management team to build an infrastructure that drives that deep understanding of those customers and potential customers. You will operate at the intersection of marketing, engineering, and data science, and analytics – and will be responsible for crafting the vision and strategy for data products and analytics/data science systems, powering an insights-driven organization. Your team will work closely with cross-functional stakeholders across the company to identify the greatest opportunities to find, attract, and retain our customers, grow their engagement, and to help inspire creators to produce content that thrills listeners and keeps them coming back to Audible. To address these opportunities, your team will partner closely with data scientists, business intelligence analysts, software engineers, and data engineers to envision and define a world-class ecosystem across the entire data value chain (data capture, data pipelines/ingestion, storage, analytics, machine learning, and distribution/democratization).
This role will be temporarily remote until our return to office date, at which time we will use our Hub+Home model. Our Hub+Home hybrid model provides flexibility to do our best work in the way that works best - maximizing the benefits of both work from hub and home. We promote flexibility in how we work, when we work, and from where we work. We also offer the opportunity to work fully remote for up to four weeks per year from anywhere within your assigned hub country. For more information please visit our Hub+Home page at https://www.audiblecareers.com/hub-home-hybrid-workplace.
As a Senior Director, Data Product Management, you will...
· Build, lead, and develop a world-class data product management team, covering every aspect of data at Audible, including instrumentation and capture, insight creation capabilities, reporting and visualization, driving democratization, analytics infrastructure, data science/machine learning/AI infrastructure, and marketing technologies.
· Evangelize a data-driven culture across Audible.
· Define a product vision and strategy for world-class data and algorithmic products that translate into real customer growth and distinctive competitiveness.
· Lead a team that drives data product roadmaps for all of Audible, ultimately driving comprehensive quality data collection, powering customer-driven insights and effective application of customer and content knowledge.
· Partner with leaders of teams producing and consume data across the company to maximize effectiveness and speed of execution.
· Lead the data product management team to identify and prioritize product scenarios, user stories, and backlog for data engineering teams, aligned with the team’s vision and roadmap.
· Drive solutions with the best mix of Audible software and solutions available from Amazon and subsidiaries.
· Subject matter expertise in the data and analytics technology landscape.
· Demonstrated ability to build a team of top-shelf data professionals.
· A track record of delivering innovative products, through the application of world-class product skills focused on customer obsession.
· Enthusiastic data champion with strong leadership skills and the ability to influence across the organization at senior levels.
· Growth mind-set with the ability to challenge partners in the organization to get the best outcomes - while maintaining great relationships.
· Strong written, verbal communication, and organization skills.
· Passion for customer interaction and desire to exceed what our customers demand of us (both internal and external customers).
· Working knowledge of statistics: hypothesis testing, confidence intervals and A/B tests.
At Audible, we innovate and inspire through the power of voice. We're changing the narrative on storytelling. As a leading creator and provider of premium audio storytelling, we've redefined the ways people access, discover, and share stories. The stories we tell have the ability to transport and transform everyday moments into meaningful experiences and it's our people who make Audible's service possible. We're listeners, storytellers, and problem-solvers. Our perspectives and experiences power our ideas and come together in our mission to unleash the power of the spoken word.
Audible is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Audible is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Sign up for Job Alerts
- Technical Program Manager Newark, New Jersey Technology, Brand & Marketing
- Senior Director, Product Management - Core Experience & Apps Newark, New Jersey Product & User Experience, Brand & Marketing
- Senior Product Manager - Conversion Optimization Newark, New Jersey Product & User Experience, Brand & Marketing
At Audible, we seek to exemplify what a company can mean beyond what it does. As Newark's fastest-growing private employer, we recruit and cultivate local talent as well as drive forward a wide range of community initiatives with a focus on supporting Newark's renaissance. Our global offices embrace their local communities as well, and our employees around the world volunteer and serve in their communities in addition to seeding and growing the local creative economy.
Plan for every chapter of your career journey with a wide range of generous benefits that you can rely on. We’re fostering an environment where everyone can thrive, individually and as part of the greater Audible community.