Senior Director, Continuity & SecurityPeople & Operations | Job ID 1505393
Business continuity, safety and security is a critical aspect of our People & Places strategy and plays an important role in support of our teams to do great work. As Senior Director of Continuity & Security, you will focus on protecting Audible employees, property, physical assets and support continuous improvement of our resiliency and proactive management of all incidents globally. You will drive programs and policy to support Business Continuity, safety and security education, awareness and investigations. You will act as Incident Commander for all incident management activations and oversee critical events. A successful candidate can take effective action autonomously and collaboratively with working teams in an ambiguous environment and have the ability to communicate with senior leadership stakeholders within and outside Audible. The ideal candidate will also have the rare combination of “thinker” and “do’er”, paired with a strong aptitude for evaluating actionable innovation opportunities.
· Serve as a key thought leader to Audible’s Workplace, Real Estate & Facilities (WREF) team
· Work with the Amazon Business Assurance Center to determine the probability of security-related incidents and threats, and develop appropriate strategies consistent with sound business judgment and internal controls to prevent negative impacts on the organization
· Partner with Audible’s People (HR), Places (WREF), Information Technology (IT), and Amazon’s Business Assurance Center to support the business continuity efforts through industry best practices, processes and plans to keep Audible and its affiliates functioning after disruptive events such as natural disasters, terrorism, crime, computer and human error
· Work directly with Audible’s Facilities team, external vendors, contractors and internal business groups on the development and implementation of Threat Impact Assessments (TIA) and other safety & security risk assessments on a regular basis
· Serve as the Incident Commander for leading the Incident Management Team for Business Continuity activations for all Audible locations
· Partner with Audible and Amazon technology and services organizations to provide expert input on Workplace Strategies and Facilities build-outs
· Build and align proactively with global internal stakeholders such as legal, community affairs (public/government relations), governance risk and controls, information security and human resources, expediting execution and achieving complex objectives
· Continually update understanding of the business and respond to strategic design requests as the business evolves
· Interface with external law enforcement agencies, government officials and private industry counterparts
· Provide exceptional customer service to business partners in delivering Safety, Security and Business Resiliency solutions; includes scoping and roadmap planning of future initiatives
· Contribute to the efficiency and continuous improvement of the processes, tools, operations and policies of the Safety, Security & Business Resiliency programs for Audible
· 10+ years of leadership experience with safety and security risk assessment and mitigation strategies creation and implementation
· 10+ years Business Continuity and/or Disaster Recovery planning and implementation experience; including understanding continuity and preparedness needs, establishing business continuity management policy and objectives, and implementing operating controls
· 10+ years of experience with Emergency Response Planning and Execution including experience with Incident/Crisis Management and Command
· Team and vendor management experience required
· Must possess superior project management skills; demonstrated technical project management competencies and ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
· Strong analytical skills include financial modeling and forecasting
· Experience with analytical software tools such as Excel and MS Project
· Ability to navigate and analyze information to clearly and quickly work through the key issues, problems and opportunities and relay complex information and ideas to teams for execution
· Must possess a keen sense of priority, relevance and significance to create options for addressing problems and opportunities to achieve desired outcomes in a complex, fast-paced environment
· Exceptional judgment and business instincts
· 15+ years of experience with safety and security risk assessment and mitigation strategies creation and implementation
· 15+ years Business Continuity and/or Disaster Recovery planning and implementation experience
· 15+ years of experience with creative and/or technology companies
· Certified Protection Professional (CPP) or other professional certifications
· Government or Law Enforcement background
· Private sector experience, especially in the high tech industry
At Audible, we innovate and inspire through the power of voice. We're changing the narrative on storytelling. As a leading producer and provider of original spoken-word entertainment and audiobooks, we've redefined the ways people access, discover, and share stories. The stories we tell have the ability to transport and transform everyday moments into meaningful experiences and it's our people who make Audible's service possible. We're listeners, storytellers, and problem-solvers. Our perspectives and experiences power our ideas and come together in our mission to unleash the power of the spoken word.
Audible is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Audible is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
At Audible, we seek to exemplify what a company can mean beyond what it does. As Newark's fastest-growing private employer, we recruit and cultivate local talent as well as drive forward a wide range of community initiatives with a focus on supporting Newark's renaissance. Our global offices embrace their local communities as well, and our employees around the world volunteer and serve in their communities in addition to seeding and growing the local creative economy.
Plan for every chapter of your career journey with a wide range of generous benefits that you can rely on. We’re fostering an environment where everyone can thrive, individually and as part of the greater Audible community.