Senior Development Manager
Newark, New Jersey
Job ID: 925470
We are embarking on a mission to reshape the fundamental experiences and delight our customers and drive a strong engineering culture. It's our responsibility to push Audible into new places; wherever our customers are listening. Achieving this vision means expanding and strengthening our development process and leveraging new technologies to deliver services and web applications. We need your help to develop and deliver on this vision. Success means we lay the foundation for continued expansion of our company without disrupting an already tremendously successful and much loved product.
HOW DOES AMAZON FIT IN?
We're a part of Amazon: they are our parent company and it's a great partnership. You'll get to play with Amazon's technologies, but it doesn't stop there. Audible is built on a strong foundation of Amazon technology and you'll have insight into the inner workings of the world's leading ecommerce experience. There's a LOT to learn! Your career will benefit from working with teams like Alexa, Search, Kindle, A9, P13N and many more.
If you are excited to own and solve problems, work with a creative dynamic team, fail fast in a supportive environment while growing your career and working on high volume (2000+ transactions per second) services that support millions of customers worldwide, we want to hear from you.
· Owning and leading full life cycle delivery of cross functional projects spanning teams across Audible and Amazon.
· Drive development and operational excellence of our flagship solutions.
· Coach and mentor our high-performing engineers to help them grow their skills, enhance their knowledge of our systems and their ability to get things done.
· Partner with cross-functional teams to imagine, design, develop, test, and launch software that wows our community and inspires our peers.
· Constantly strive to raise the bar on delivery performance and quality in a fast agile environment.
· Lead 1-2 Scrum teams.
Basic Qualifications· Experience leading full stack development web teams.
· 5+ years experience of software development and deployment of distributed multi-tier applications.
· 3+ years experience managing agile software projects across multiple and geographically distributed teams.
Preferred Qualifications· Experience with React, HTTP/2, PWA, Microservices, CI/CD, and cross-platform development.
· Track record of leading engineering culture change.
· Prior use of AWS technologies at scale in a production environment.
· Proven success building and leading high-performance engineering teams.
· History of delivering customer-driven software products at a high scale in a fast paced, technology first, rapid-growth company.
· Ability to lead positive change, empower people, cultivate product technology visions and innovative solutions.
· Experienced decision maker and driver with the ability to articulate product vision and roadmap.
· Prior success as a software engineer, subject matter expert, and strategic influencer on the direction of the product design and development.
· Outstanding interpersonal skills and the ability to work effectively across teams & multiple division stakeholders.
Audible is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age
Audible, Inc. is the world’s largest seller and producer of spoken audio entertainment, information and educational programming. Since inventing and commercializing the first portable digital audio player in 1997, our focus on technological innovation and superior programming has earned us millions of subscribers around the world. We’re an Amazon subsidiary with a presence on four different continents, yet we maintain a startup vibe and small company feel. We offer more than 475,000 downloadable audiobooks, audio editions of periodicals, and other programs, and an escalating array of listening products that enrich daily life for a growing population of people who want to be more productive, well-informed, and thoughtfully entertained.