Quality Assurance EngineerTechnology | Job ID 1723457
ABOUT THIS ROLE
Audible’s Quality Assurance organization promotes product quality, and organizational quality ownership thru well-defined measurable processes, comprehensive quality assessment and identification of risk. In addition, the organization provides tools and infrastructure needed to support agile feature delivery, improve quality and increase engineer productivity. The team includes Quality Assurance Engineers, Quality Assurance Technicians and Software Engineers working side by side with Software Development Engineers, Product Managers, User Experience, and Customer Support staff to understand features, bugs, customer usage, and technical implementation to deliver high quality products to our customers.
ABOUT THE TEAM
Audible’s Quality Assurance organization promotes product quality, and organizational quality ownership through well-defined measurable processes, comprehensive quality assessment and identification of risk. In addition, the organization provides tools and infrastructure needed to support agile feature delivery, improve quality and increase engineer productivity. The team includes Quality Assurance Engineers, Quality Assurance Technicians and Software Engineers working side by side with Software Development Engineers, Product Managers, User Experience, and Customer Support staff to understand features, bugs, customer usage, and technical implementation to deliver high quality products to our customers.
The Audible on Amazon QA team is responsible for testing the Audible experience on Amazon web and Amazon shopping apps on iOS and Android platforms. The team enables the Audible Technology Group to deliver the best product experience on Amazon surfaces. As a QA engineer, you will write Test Plans for new features, update and maintain UI automation framework , write new automation tests and work on new processes to optimize our CI/CD pipelines.
As a Quality Assurance Engineer, you will...
· Execute test strategy, test plans, test cases as well as utilize automated tools to optimize the STLC.
· Perform exploratory testing, automate repetitive tasks and work side by side with software development engineers to deliver high quality product to Audible customers.
· Review user interfaces for conformity and functionality.
· Efficiently execute test cases across all functional and UI areas of our products.
· Find, isolate, document, regress, and track bugs through resolution.
· Measure, interpret and report testing results, and be a vocal proponent for quality in every phase of the development process.
· Experience owning the full test strategy through test completion for components of a software system.
· Demonstrated passions around software quality, and technology.
· Demonstrated ability to learn and develop technical skills.
· 1+ Years of professional software quality assurance experience.
· Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related fields.
· Solid grounding in computer science fundamentals.
· Hands on experience with test automation using a programming or scripting language (Java or Python preferred).
· Must be able to thrive in an ambiguous environment - where change is the only constant.
· Ability to triage issues, react well to changes, collaborate with other test and development teams.
· Must be an effective multi-tasker comfortable working on multiple products and projects.
· Understanding of testing and test automation for consumer facing applications and devices.
Audible, Inc. is the world’s largest seller and producer of spoken audio entertainment, information and educational programming. Since inventing and commercializing the first portable digital audio player in 1997, our focus on technological innovation and superior programming has earned us millions of subscribers around the world. We’re an Amazon subsidiary with a presence on four different continents, yet we maintain a startup vibe and small company feel. We offer more than 475,000 downloadable audiobooks, audio editions of periodicals, and other programs, and an escalating array of listening products that enrich daily life for a growing population of people who want to be more productive, well-informed, and thoughtfully entertained.
Audible is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Audible is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
What we can offer you
We are a community of brilliant minds, brimming with fresh ideas and working shoulder to shoulder to achieve greatness. And because of this, we think it’s only fair that we offer some nice little perks to everyone who goes the extra mile at Audible.
Fully stocked kitchen with all the snacks and drinks to get your creative thoughts flowing.
Dental and vision plans, life insurance, and the medical plan options that suit individual needs.
Plan for your future with employer-matched savings accounts.
We grant our employees restricted stock units, because we want them to think and act like owners.
We love what we do but everyone needs the opportunity to hit the refresh button. Take advantage of vacation days, sick days, and personal days to rejuvenate.
From tickets to local events and exciting company-sponsored events, regular outings and team-building events foster our spirit of collaboration.
As part of the Amazon family, Audible employees are entitled to a discount on products on Amazon.
Discounted sports clubs or fitness reimbursements.
What keeps me motivated here in one word is 'opportunities.' Being able to deep-dive into complex cross-domain problems and stepping out of my comfort zone with projects, technologies and people. I can spontaneously collaborate with literally anyone—from my Audible teammates to my Amazon counterparts to our CIO and CEO—and most importantly get valuable feedback along the way.
Software Development Engineer