Quality Assurance EngineerTechnology | Job ID 1053819
ABOUT THIS ROLE
Audible’s Quality Assurance organization promotes product quality, and organizational quality ownership thru well-defined measurable processes, comprehensive quality assessment and identification of risk. In addition, the organization provides tools and infrastructure needed to support agile feature delivery, improve quality and increase engineer productivity. The team includes Quality Assurance Engineers, Quality Assurance Technicians and Software Engineers working side by side with Software Development Engineers, Product Managers, User Experience, and Customer Support staff to understand features, bugs, customer usage, and technical implementation to deliver high quality products to our customers.
This role will be temporarily remote until our return to office date, at which time we will begin our hybrid model, Hub+Home. Our Hub+Home model provides flexibility to do our best work in the way that works best - maximizing the benefits of both work from hub and home. We promote flexibility in how we work, when we work, and from where we work. We also offer the opportunity to work fully remote for up to four weeks per year from anywhere within your assigned hub country. For more information please visit our Hub+Home page at https://www.audiblecareers.com/hub-home-hybrid-workplace.
As a Quality Assurance Engineer, you will...
· Execute test strategy, test plans, test cases as well as utilize automated tools to optimize the STLC.
· Perform exploratory testing, automate repetitive tasks and work side by side with software development engineers to deliver high quality product to Audible customers.
· Review user interfaces for conformity and functionality.
· Efficiently execute test cases across all functional and UI areas of our products.
· Define test plans, test suites, test cases as well as utilize automated tools to optimize the STLC.
· Find, isolate, document, regress, and track bugs through resolution.
· Measure, interpret and report testing results, and be a vocal proponent for quality in every phase of the development process.
· Experience owning the full test strategy through test completion for components of a software system.
· Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related fields.
· Solid grounding in computer science fundamentals.
· Hands on experience with test automation using a programming or scripting language (Java or Python preferred).
· Must be able to thrive in an ambiguous environment - where change is the only constant.
· Ability to triage issues, react well to changes, collaborate with other test and development teams.
· Must be an effective multi-tasker comfortable working on multiple products and projects.
· Understanding of testing and test automation for consumer facing applications and devices.
· Communication skills – ability to communicate cross-functionally and across management levels in formal and informal settings.
· Demonstrated passions around software quality, and technology.
· Demonstrated ability to learn and develop technical skills.
At Audible, we innovate and inspire through the power of voice. We're changing the narrative on storytelling. As a leading producer and provider of original spoken-word entertainment and audiobooks, we've redefined the ways people access, discover, and share stories. The stories we tell have the ability to transport and transform everyday moments into meaningful experiences and it's our people who make Audible's service possible. We're listeners, storytellers, and problem-solvers. Our perspectives and experiences power our ideas and come together in our mission to unleash the power of the spoken word.
Audible is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Audible is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
What we can offer you
We are a community of brilliant minds, brimming with fresh ideas and working shoulder to shoulder to achieve greatness. And because of this, we think it’s only fair that we offer some nice little perks to everyone who goes the extra mile at Audible.
Fully stocked kitchen with all the snacks and drinks to get your creative thoughts flowing.
Dental and vision plans, life insurance, and the medical plan options that suit individual needs.
Plan for your future with employer-matched savings accounts.
We grant our employees restricted stock units, because we want them to think and act like owners.
We love what we do but everyone needs the opportunity to hit the refresh button. Take advantage of vacation days, sick days, and personal days to rejuvenate.
From tickets to local events and exciting company-sponsored events, regular outings and team-building events foster our spirit of collaboration.
As part of the Amazon family, Audible employees are entitled to a discount on products on Amazon.
Discounted sports clubs or fitness reimbursements.
What keeps me motivated here in one word is 'opportunities.' Being able to deep-dive into complex cross-domain problems and stepping out of my comfort zone with projects, technologies and people. I can spontaneously collaborate with literally anyone—from my Audible teammates to my Amazon counterparts to our CIO and CEO—and most importantly get valuable feedback along the way.
Software Development Engineer