Quality Assurance Engineer
Newark, New Jersey
Job ID: 935846
You are an innovative Quality Assurance Engineer looking to make a positive impact on customer experience. You are passionate about test planning, reporting, automation and solving interesting tech challenges, and still enjoy going deep and executing test cases. You are comfortable working across different platforms. You have experience mentoring younger engineers. You are curious to learn and stay up to date with tools technologies and best practices. You care about working in a company that is deeply committed to our customers and our community.
HOW DOES AMAZON FIT IN?
We're are a strategic and growing part of Amazon, our parent company. Audible's built on Amazon technology and you'll have insight into the inner workings of the world's leading ecommerce experience. You'll get to play with all of Amazon's and AWS technologies. There's a LOT to learn! Your career will benefit from working with teams like Kindle, A9, P13N and many more.
If you want to own and solve problems, work with a creative dynamic team, fail fast in a supportive environment whilst growing your career and working on high volume (2000+ tps) services that support millions of customers worldwide, we want to hear from you.
· Implement QA strategy and drive product quality processes for one of Audible’s cross surface QA teams
· Responsible for reviewing designs and architecture to draft test plans for automation solutions, identify current limitations and compatibilities between subsystems and proposing some recommendations for solving dependencies and limitations
· Write test plans and cases. Perform manual and automated testing
· Work with the development team to ensure the highest quality releases
· Report test status to peers, management and other stakeholders in a clean and consistent way
· Drive automation coverage to increase penetration
· Generation of metrics and information that improve development practices on the team with “Build-in-Quality” Manta
· Review and critique of technical requirements and software design specifications and software implementation
Basic Qualifications· Bachelor’s Degree (or higher) in Computer Science or related field.
· 5+ years of software QA experience preferably
· Have experience owning QA for large scale systems, including test strategy, test plans, and test automation
· Experience in test automation maintenance, and selection of tools
· Experience developing automated test scripts
Preferred Qualifications· Passion for software testing, test planning, and process
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills
· Strong knowledge of QA methodology and tools
· Strong organizational skills, demonstrated ability to track multiple test executions simultaneously and synthesize results
· Experience working with development and business teams to communicate problem impacts and to understand business requirements
· Knowledge of industry standard test automation tools and experience developing product test harnesses
· Exposure to Non-functional (performance, security, ADA) testing phases
· Experience in a fast-paced agile development environment focused on consumer product
· Results oriented with strong customer focus
· White box testing experience
· Be able to thrive in an ambiguous environment - where change is the only constant
Audible is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age
Audible, Inc. is the world’s largest seller and producer of spoken audio entertainment, information and educational programming. Since inventing and commercializing the first portable digital audio player in 1997, our focus on technological innovation and superior programming has earned us millions of subscribers around the world. We’re an Amazon subsidiary with a presence on four different continents, yet we maintain a startup vibe and small company feel. We offer more than 475,000 downloadable audiobooks, audio editions of periodicals, and other programs, and an escalating array of listening products that enrich daily life for a growing population of people who want to be more productive, well-informed, and thoughtfully entertained.