Quality Assurance Engineer IIProduct & Technology | Job ID 851803
· Define QA Strategy and choose appropriate tools
· Own QA for large scale systems that are deployed across Web, Mobile Web and Native applications
· Deliver test automation, quality requirements, designing functional and performance test suites and producing deliverables that exceed commitments
· Responsible for the architecture of test automation solutions, determining current limitations and compatibilities between subsystems, the selection of new concepts and methodology, and the development of major routines and utilities
· Generation of metrics and information that improve development practices on the team
· Review and critique of technical requirements and software design specifications and software implementation
· Instilling best practices for test suite automation and frameworks and documentation, making sure designs meet requirements, and delivering high quality software on tight schedules
· 5+ years of software QA experience preferably
· Strong knowledge of QA methodology and tools
· Have experience in defining E2E test strategy spanning across multiple systems, writing test plans, test automation
· Have experience owning QA for large scale systems
· Background in test automation using Java and applicable languages
· Working knowledge of common automation frameworks such as JUnit or TestNG
· Ability to understand technical specifications and analyze log files
· Excellent written and spoken communication
· Experience with test and behavior driven development
· Knowledge of Oracle/SQL
· Good understanding of Continuous Integration and Deployment processes
· Solid grounding in computer science fundamentals; Algorithms and Data Structures
· Be able to thrive in an ambiguous environment - where change is the only constant
· Be a team player with high energy
· Strong verbal and communication skills
· Results oriented and with a strong customer focus
· Passion for software testing and quality
Audible is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age
Sign up for Job Alerts
- Software Development Engineer II Newark, New Jersey Product & Technology ABOUT THE TEAM The Audio Experiences group owns the core domains for Audible's Player and Library. Audible customers spe
- Technical Program Manager Newark, New Jersey Product & Technology This opportunity is as a Technical Program Manager (TPM) within Audible’s New Businesses Program, supporting launching I
- Software Development Engineer – Adobe Product & Data Newark, New Jersey Product & Technology Our Data Technology team owns and develops the technology platform that offers decision makers both performance metrics
What we can offer you
We are a community of brilliant minds, brimming with fresh ideas and working shoulder to shoulder to achieve greatness. And because of this, we think it’s only fair that we offer some nice little perks to everyone who goes the extra mile at Audible.
Fully stocked kitchen with all the snacks and drinks to get your creative thoughts flowing.
Dental and vision plans, life insurance, and the medical plan options that suit individual needs.
Plan for your future with employer-matched savings accounts.
We grant our employees restricted stock units, because we want them to think and act like owners.
We love what we do but everyone needs the opportunity to hit the refresh button. Take advantage of vacation days, sick days, and personal days to rejuvenate.
From tickets to local events and exciting company-sponsored events, regular outings and team-building events foster our spirit of collaboration.
As part of the Amazon family, Audible employees are entitled to a discount on products on Amazon.
Discounted sports clubs or fitness reimbursements.
What keeps me motivated here in one word is 'opportunities.' Being able to deep-dive into complex cross-domain problems and stepping out of my comfort zone with projects, technologies and people. I can spontaneously collaborate with literally anyone—from my Audible teammates to my Amazon counterparts to our CIO and CEO—and most importantly get valuable feedback along the way.
Software Development Engineer