Product Manager, PersonalizationProduct & User Experience | Job ID 1478659
The Personalization team connects listeners with content they can fall in love with, introducing them to new creators, topics and genres they would not have found otherwise. Don’t you love it when a close friend recommends a book that you’ll love? Or how about walking into a store and feeling like whoever built it – built it just for you? It’s those feelings of being known, understood and deeply valued that we want to convey to our members at Audible. When they visit our mobile applications or website – we want them to feel like we’ve designed the experience just for them. That they’re not just a member, but a close friend.
We are looking for a Product Manager to help champion Personalization at Audible. Each member’s experience should feel tailored, bespoke, deeply personal and insightful. Your mission will be to build features that delight every Audible member by showing that we care and demonstrating how deeply we understand them.
This role requires a thirst for continuous learning, commitment to action, an attitude that anything is possible, ability to execute cross functional projects and a relentless focus on the customer. You’re an accountable, hands on problem-solver with a positive attitude, letting nothing stand in the way. To be successful in this role, you will have strong problem-solving skills, product management knowledge, and understand personalization systems and applications. You must have excellent communication skills and display high judgement in decision-making. You will be ready to sit with the engineers and dig into the details. If you “love rolling your sleeves up and getting stuff done” and have a strong interest in machine learning, this role is for you. This team and role will provide a great opportunity to build your career as a product leader.
· Execute the personalization roadmap with clearly articulated and well measured goals
· Identify, define and execute on projects that improve the relevance, quality, and diversity of recommenders
· Drive understanding across Audible of how and where personalization & discovery services can bolster content discovery and engagement
· Collaborate and coordinate with engineering, design, product leadership, analytics and business insight teams on objectives and business requirements
· Collaborate with content, editorial, engineering, data science and partner product teams to implement personalized experiences that are meaningful and delightful to consumers
· Contribute to the worldwide personalization product strategy/roadmap
· Collaborate with stakeholders across Audible to optimize machine learning experiments and measure firmly understood hypotheses and business objectives
· Plan and prioritize the backlog for development teams to ensure maximum value in deliverables
· Translate inputs and business needs into detailed product requirements documents and user stories for engineering teams to execute
· 2+ years consumer-facing or machine learning oriented Product Management experience
· 2+ years experience in data driven hypothesis testing and experimentation
· Can provide information to technical and non-technical stakeholders alike and guide them to confidently informed decisions
· Strong analytical skills
· Data-informed: Define metrics for success and failure; ability to use quantitative and qualitative data to back up assumptions and make decisions
· Basic data retrieval coding skills (e.g. SQL)
· Experience working in personalization or with modeling frameworks
· Experience in content discovery powered by machine learning
· Experience working with design teams to improve the user experience for customer facing products/features
· Great communication skills - ability to think creatively, execute on a roadmap, build consensus and momentum
· Strong, demonstrated ability to rally and bring varying functional teams together
At Audible, we innovate and inspire through the power of voice. We're changing the narrative on storytelling. As a leading producer and provider of original spoken-word entertainment and audiobooks, we've redefined the ways people access, discover, and share stories. The stories we tell have the ability to transport and transform everyday moments into meaningful experiences and it's our people who make Audible's service possible. We're listeners, storytellers, and problem-solvers. Our perspectives and experiences power our ideas and come together in our mission to unleash the power of the spoken word.
Audible is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Audible is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Sign up for Job Alerts
At Audible, we seek to exemplify what a company can mean beyond what it does. As Newark's fastest-growing private employer, we recruit and cultivate local talent as well as drive forward a wide range of community initiatives with a focus on supporting Newark's renaissance. Our global offices embrace their local communities as well, and our employees around the world volunteer and serve in their communities in addition to seeding and growing the local creative economy.
Plan for every chapter of your career journey with a wide range of generous benefits that you can rely on. We’re fostering an environment where everyone can thrive, individually and as part of the greater Audible community.