Original Content Partnerships & Programming, Senior Manager
Newark, New Jersey
Job ID: 943439
· Drive sales and listening of the titles created by our critically-acclaimed Audible Original Content team.
· Support and build-out efforts to provide Audible Originals talent with communication around our promotional efforts.
· Develop and maintain strong relationships with cross functional teams by sharing information, insights and planning to support releases.
· Raise the profile of Audible Original content across the board.
This role sits at a dynamic nexus in Audible, where content creation, building a cohesive slate of Original titles, marketing and promoting these titles, and supporting the amplification of the Audible Original brand all intersect. The person who will succeed in this role will have experience in online marketing, keen editorial sensibilities, elite organizational and communication skills, analytical ability and a whole lot of energy. The right candidate will be able to demonstrate sound business sense, comfort with massive throughput and sprawling details, a creative mind, and a knack for getting things done.
· Develop compelling creative campaigns and assets that drive sales and listening of specific Original titles in close coordination with cross functional teams including PR, social, marketing, editorial and video.
· Support and build out our existing communications with Original authors and talent to help them understand the powerful promotion and engagement Audible provides Originals authors.
· Engage in close contextual work to ensure the successful creation of compelling promo assets including; writing interview questions for author / talent videos, close reads of manuscripts for pull quotes, audio clips, audiograms, animated videos and writing short marketing lines as needed.
· Develop and manage project plans for multiple small-and-large-scale projects simultaneously keeping all the deadlines and details in line.
· Maintain the Audible Original release calendar, content descriptions and track all promotional plans.
· Manage the collection and tracking of rights usage for creative associated with all Original titles.
· Lead and manage weekly and monthly meetings with cross-functional teams in order to receive and further disseminate critical information on a title-by-title basis.
· Monitor and mine the Originals catalog for titles that can be opportunistically promoted.
· Support Original content creators by providing information and promotional tools.
· Track completed promotions and perform analyses as needed to monitor effectiveness; communicate results to key stakeholders.
· Special projects as assigned by the Director of Content Partnerships and Programing to facilitate the team’s smooth operation.
Basic Qualifications· Bachelor’s Degree required.
· 5-7 years of experience in related fields (entertainment properties or media preferred, but not required).
· Background in online consumer marketing or merchandising.
· Ability to perceive the “hook” for promoting a piece of content.
· Outstanding written and verbal communication skills.
· Maniacally detail-oriented.
· Comfortable with high-volume throughput – we work with lots of titles at any given time and be able to keep track of project status.
· Thrive in a high-energy, high-intensity and rapidly evolving environment.
· Highly pro collaboration with teams and individuals across the institution.
Preferred QualificationsAudible is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age
Audible, Inc. is the world’s largest seller and producer of spoken audio entertainment, information and educational programming. Since inventing and commercializing the first portable digital audio player in 1997, our focus on technological innovation and superior programming has earned us millions of subscribers around the world. We’re an Amazon subsidiary with a presence on four different continents, yet we maintain a startup vibe and small company feel. We offer more than 475,000 downloadable audiobooks, audio editions of periodicals, and other programs, and an escalating array of listening products that enrich daily life for a growing population of people who want to be more productive, well-informed, and thoughtfully entertained.