'Next Chapter' Returnship Program - Technical Program ManagerProduct & Technology | Job ID 1321866
At Audible, we are excited to launch our “Next Chapter” Returnship Program because we appreciate the skills you can offer, the perspective you provide, and the contributions you will make. This program offers you a chance to revamp your skills, update your resume with new experiences, and make connections with other professionals transitioning back to the workforce. It also offers support through Path Forward, a nonprofit organization focused on empowering people who’ve taken a break for caregiving to transition back to the workforce.
This 16-week program is 100 percent virtual. Upon successful completion of the returnship, there is a possibility of an offer for full-time employment. Offers for full-time roles are contingent upon candidates’ advance commitment to reside or relocate to a geographical area that is within commuting distance to our Newark, NJ office once we return to the offices post Covid-19. Relocation assistance will be provided for full-time opportunities .
ABOUT THE ROLE
This opportunity is for a Technical Program Manager (TPM) of Software Development Returnship to join the New Businesses Program supporting launching International Expansion initiatives. The International Expansion team is delivering on a vision for launching a localized, customer-centric presence in new countries while building world class engineering platform to enable faster and differentiated launches. In this role, you will partner with Business, Product and Technology Leaders and teams to coordinate across the Audible organization to raise the bar and deliver value for our customers. We are expanding and improving the platform from mobile web to back-end services while innovating and leveraging new Amazon technology and platforms. Success means we are delighting more customers in new countries while building on an already tremendously successful and much-loved product.
HOW DOES AMAZON FIT IN?
We're a part of Amazon: they are our parent company and it's a great partnership. You'll get to play with Amazon's technologies, but it doesn't stop there. Audible is built on a strong foundation of Amazon technology and you'll have insight into the inner workings of the world's leading e-commerce experience. If you are excited to own and solve problems, work with a creative dynamic team, fail fast in a supportive environment while growing your career and working on market leading Applications that support millions of customers worldwide, we want to hear from you.
WHAT YOU’LL GET TO DO
· Communicate project risks, progress, launches and retrospectives across all stakeholders and teams – consistently and transparently.
· Interface and communicate with Development and QA teams, Product Managers and Customer support teams on a daily basis. Driving visibility and transparency of dates, upcoming milestones and release dates throughout the Sprint development process.
· Build relationships with partner groups in Audible and Amazon and leverage those relationships to integrate your team's priorities within Amazon teams and understand how Amazon's projects impact our own work in this highly decentralized organization.
· Collaborate to define core business objectives in order to deliver the best product, program or project with the most efficient use of company resources.
· Work with cross functional teams – technology, business and operations to manage multiple projects that have conflicting needs and priorities from concept to launch.
· Collaborate to define the technical architecture of solutions for services.
· Strive constantly to improve and establish a new bar in performance (using objective metrics) in project execution.
· Take advantage of the resources, training and experts around you to stay up to date with tools, trends, technologies and frameworks both industry-wide and within Amazon and then share that knowledge in a meaningful way with the community.
WHO YOU ARE
· A detail-oriented problem-solver who enjoys the process of scratching beneath the surface to find the best solution to challenges.
· Curious and unafraid to ask questions to gain deeper understanding.
· A great communicator who can distill important information clearly in both written and verbal correspondence.
· A relationship builder who looks to find common ground with others and build alignment across different stakeholders.
· Results-oriented at all times, you work with one goal in mind --delighting our customers all across the world.
· Able to stay focused and thrive while managing competing and changing priorities and projects at a given time.
· Passionate about bringing your skills to Audible while being open and eager to learn new things.
· 5+ years of experience working within or in tandem with software engineering teams.
· 2+ years experience managing agile software projects.
· Open to relocate to Newark, NJ at the conclusion of the program if offered Full-Time employment post-returnship.
· Demonstrated experience influencing through written and verbal communication
· Prior experience in building service oriented (SOA) distributed systems.
· Prior experience in building web based systems using Java/J2EE, Apache Tomcat.
· Experience building mobile device software and/or applications for large customer bases.
· Adept at usage of various tools such as Jira or Microsoft Project.
· Experience deploying distributed, multi-tier applications.
At Audible, we innovate and inspire through the power of voice. We're changing the narrative on storytelling. As a leading producer and provider of original spoken-word entertainment and audiobooks, we've redefined the ways people access, discover, and share stories. The stories we tell have the ability to transport and transform everyday moments into meaningful experiences and it's our people who make Audible's service possible. We're listeners, storytellers, and problem-solvers. Our perspectives and experiences power our ideas and come together in our mission to unleash the power of the spoken word.
Audible is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Audible is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Sign up for Job Alerts
- Senior Android Engineer Newark, New Jersey Product & Technology
- Senior Manager, Tech Business Strategy & Operations Newark, New Jersey Product & Technology
- Manager, Software Development - Core Android Newark, New Jersey Product & Technology
What we can offer you
We are a community of brilliant minds, brimming with fresh ideas and working shoulder to shoulder to achieve greatness. And because of this, we think it’s only fair that we offer some nice little perks to everyone who goes the extra mile at Audible.
Fully stocked kitchen with all the snacks and drinks to get your creative thoughts flowing.
Dental and vision plans, life insurance, and the medical plan options that suit individual needs.
Plan for your future with employer-matched savings accounts.
We grant our employees restricted stock units, because we want them to think and act like owners.
We love what we do but everyone needs the opportunity to hit the refresh button. Take advantage of vacation days, sick days, and personal days to rejuvenate.
From tickets to local events and exciting company-sponsored events, regular outings and team-building events foster our spirit of collaboration.
As part of the Amazon family, Audible employees are entitled to a discount on products on Amazon.
Discounted sports clubs or fitness reimbursements.
What keeps me motivated here in one word is 'opportunities.' Being able to deep-dive into complex cross-domain problems and stepping out of my comfort zone with projects, technologies and people. I can spontaneously collaborate with literally anyone—from my Audible teammates to my Amazon counterparts to our CIO and CEO—and most importantly get valuable feedback along the way.
Software Development Engineer