'Next Chapter' Returnship Program - Senior UX DesignerProduct & User Experience | Job ID 1659844
ABOUT THE PROGRAM
Audible’s “Next Chapter” Returnship Program is a 18-week paid full-time internship for experienced professionals returning to the workforce after taking time off for caregiving. This role is open to individuals who have at least 5 years of relevant professional experience and have been out of the paid workforce for at least one year to focus on caring for a child or other dependent. If you meet these criteria, we welcome you to apply.
At Audible, we are excited to launch our “Next Chapter” Returnship Program because we appreciate the skills you can offer, the perspective you provide, and the contributions you will make. This program offers you a chance to revamp your skills, update your resume with new experiences, and make connections with other professionals transitioning back to the workforce. It also offers support through Path Forward, a nonprofit organization focused on empowering people who’ve taken a break for caregiving to transition back to the workforce.
This 18-week Returnship program is 100% virtual. Upon successful completion of the Returnship, there is a possibility of an offer for full-time employment. We expect candidates for a full-time role to reside or relocate to be within commuting distance of either our Newark, NJ or Cambridge, MA hub, once we return to in-person work 1-3 days a week (currently scheduled for Q1 2022). If you are interested in a remote full-time opportunity, please discuss this with your recruiter.
ABOUT THIS ROLE
User Experience Design is at the heart of Audible’s goal to be customer obsessed. The UX team works ceaselessly to transform deep customer insights into delightful and innovative product experiences that drive business results and customer satisfaction. We are searching for a passionate and experienced User Experience Designer who can utilize their design talents to ensure that Audible continues to lead through product innovation.
ABOUT THE TEAM
This team designs features across all of Audible’s surfaces on Amazon, including iOS, Android, mobile web and web, with specific focus on helping customers discover compelling content and developing new ways to engage in spoken word content that meets rapidly evolving business needs and consumer expectations. This team helps raise the experience bar by crafting refined user experiences and identifies new innovative ways of delivering the Audible service on Amazon.
You use your design skills to find solutions that transform knowledge of the customer into compelling product features and services. Your sensitivity to customer experience ensures we produce a premium product that delivers results for the business and delight to our customers. You’re passionate about bringing your skills to Audible while being open and eager to learn new things. Deepen customer knowledge. You hold a fundamental belief that understanding customer needs creates the opportunity for product innovation. You actively pursue ways to expand, evangelize, and share your customer knowledge, ensuring the work you produce meets customer needs. Embrace a growth mindset. A discerning eye helps you hone your craft, and your constructive feedback helps others grow in a safe environment. You embrace failure as learning and fuel for creative problem-solving. Your hunger for expanding your design skills ensures that you are contributing to your personal growth.
As a Senior UX Designer, you will...
· Participate as a member of a UX project team; collaborating with UX peers and cross-functional teammates from product, insights & analytics, engineering, customer service, marketing, and QA.
· Work iteratively to design, refine, and validate solutions. Using your design skills, you create wireframes, storyboards, walkthroughs and prototypes that communicate your design ideas.
· Graciously provide and incorporate meaningful feedback to improve you and the team’s design solutions and perspectives.
· Partner with User Research to ensure that your design concepts meet our customer's expectations and will deliver the desired results.
· Produce documentation to ensure your designs are well understood by stakeholders and detailed enough for efficient development.
· Ensure that you have accounted for variations across a wide variety of devices and platforms, handled errors conditions and edge cases, and defined usable, elegant micro-interactions.
· Deliver designs that promote our service-wide User Experience Strategy, and utilize our UX Design System, driving coherence and continuity.
· Take advantage of the resources, training and experts around you to stay up to date with tools, trends, technologies and frameworks both industry-wide and within Amazon and then share that knowledge in a meaningful way with the community.
· A track record of designing and delivering digital products; illustrated with a portfolio.
· Open to relocate to Newark, NJ at the conclusion of the program if offered Full-Time employment post-returnship.
At Audible, we innovate and inspire through the power of voice. We're changing the narrative on storytelling. As a leading producer and provider of original spoken-word entertainment and audiobooks, we've redefined the ways people access, discover, and share stories. The stories we tell have the ability to transport and transform everyday moments into meaningful experiences and it's our people who make Audible's service possible. We're listeners, storytellers, and problem-solvers. Our perspectives and experiences power our ideas and come together in our mission to unleash the power of the spoken word.
Audible is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Audible is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Sign up for Job Alerts
- Senior Product Manager, Member Experience Newark, New Jersey Brand & Marketing, Product & User Experience
- Project Manager, Product Focus Newark, New Jersey Brand & Marketing, Product & User Experience
- Senior Product Manager - Funnel Optimization Newark, New Jersey Brand & Marketing, Product & User Experience
At Audible, we seek to exemplify what a company can mean beyond what it does. As Newark's fastest-growing private employer, we recruit and cultivate local talent as well as drive forward a wide range of community initiatives with a focus on supporting Newark's renaissance. Our global offices embrace their local communities as well, and our employees around the world volunteer and serve in their communities in addition to seeding and growing the local creative economy.
Plan for every chapter of your career journey with a wide range of generous benefits that you can rely on. We’re fostering an environment where everyone can thrive, individually and as part of the greater Audible community.