‘Next Chapter' Returnship Program - Quality Assurance Engineer, iOSTechnology | Job ID 2044453
Good storytelling starts with great listening. At Audible, that means each role and every project has our audience in mind. Because the same people who design, develop, and deploy our products also happen to use them. To us, that speaks volumes.
ABOUT THE PROGRAM
The Next Chapter program at Audible is a 16-week paid returnship for experienced professionals returning to the workforce after taking time off for caregiving. This role is open to individuals who have at least 5 years of relevant professional experience and have been out of the paid workforce for at least 1 year to focus on caring for a child or other dependent and is not currently in a university program.
At Audible, we are excited to launch the Next Chapter program because we appreciate the skills you can offer, the perspective you provide, and the contributions you will make. This program offers you a chance to revamp your skills, update your resume with new experience, and make connections with other women and men transitioning back to the workforce. It also offers support through Path Forward, a nonprofit organization on a mission to empower people who’ve been focused on caregiving transition back to the paid workforce.
This 16-week Returnship program is 100% virtual. Upon successful completion of the Returnship, there is a possibility of an offer for full-time employment. We expect candidates for a full-time role to reside or relocate to be within commuting distance of either our Newark, NJ or Cambridge, MA hub, once we return to in-person work 1-3 days a week (currently scheduled for Q1 2022). If you are interested in a remote full-time opportunity, please discuss this with your recruiter.
ABOUT THIS ROLE
Are you a software or quality engineer passionate about optimizing development and testing lifecycle via tools and process automation? If so, read below to see if this QA Engineer returnship is right for you!
ABOUT THE TEAM
The Audible Mobile Apps QA team is responsible for testing the Audible experience on a variety of devices. Our goal is to deliver a world class customer-centric experience on new cutting edge mobile devices. We test products spanning the Android and iOS ecosystems, including watches and software intended for use in vehicles.
- Able to thrive in an ambiguous environment where change is the only constant.
- Enthusiastic about software testing and quality.
- A team player who works well with others cross-functionally.
- A great communicator who is able to distill important information clearly in both written and verbal correspondence.
- Results-oriented at all times, you work with one goal in mind --delighting our customers all across the world.
- Passionate about bringing your skills to Audible while being open and eager to learn new things.
As a Quality Assurance Engineer, you will...
- Help Define QA Strategy and choose appropriate tools.
- Own QA for large scale systems that are deployed across Web, Mobile Web and Native applications, with the help of the team.
- Deliver test automation, quality requirements, designing functional and performance test suites and producing deliverables that exceed commitments.
- Be responsible for contributing to the the architecture of test automation solutions, determining current limitations and compatibilities between subsystems, the selection of new concepts and methodology, and the development of major routines and utilities.
- Generate metrics and information that improve development practices on the team.
- Review and critique of technical requirements and software design specifications and software implementation.
- Instill best practices for test suite automation and frameworks and documentation, making sure designs meet requirements, and delivering high quality software on tight schedules.
- Take advantage of the resources, training and experts around you to stay up to date with tools, trends, technologies and frameworks both industry-wide and within Amazon and then share that knowledge in a meaningful way with the community.
- Bachelor’s degree (or higher) in computer science or a related field.
- 5+ years of software QA experience.
- Demonstrated experience using diverse QA methodology and tools.
- Have experience in defining E2E test strategy spanning across multiple systems, writing test plans, test automation.
- Background in test automation using scripting languages.
- Understanding of Continuous Integration and Deployment processes.
- Understanding or background in computer science fundamentals.
- Passion for software testing and quality.
- Excellent written and spoken communication.
- Ability to understand technical specifications and analyze log files.
- Open to relocate to or near Newark, NJ at the conclusion of the program if offered FT employment post-returnship.
At Audible, we innovate and inspire through the power of voice. We're changing the narrative on storytelling. As a leading creator and provider of premium audio storytelling, we've redefined the ways people access, discover, and share stories. The stories we tell have the ability to transport and transform everyday moments into meaningful experiences and it's our people who make Audible's service possible. We're listeners, storytellers, and problem-solvers. Our perspectives and experiences power our ideas and come together in our mission to unleash the power of the spoken word.
Audible is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Audible is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
What we can offer you
We are a community of brilliant minds, brimming with fresh ideas and working shoulder to shoulder to achieve greatness. And because of this, we think it’s only fair that we offer some nice little perks to everyone who goes the extra mile at Audible.
We promote flexibility in how and where we work with our Hub+Home hybrid workplace model.
Dental and vision plans, life insurance, and the medical plan options that suit individual needs.
Plan for your future with employer-matched savings accounts.
We grant our employees restricted stock units, because we want them to think and act like owners.
We love what we do but everyone needs the opportunity to hit the refresh button. Take advantage of vacation days, sick days, and personal days to rejuvenate.
We are committed to building and sustaining a diverse and inclusive culture and community. Audible’s Impact Groups encourage an environment where you can be you, and bring your whole self to work.
As part of the Amazon family, Audible employees are entitled to a discount on products on Amazon.
Learning & Development
We want to help you grow with learning and development programs, leadership training and tuition reimbursement.
I found a culture where everyone is inspired to constantly learn. I like to say that we’re not just customer obsessed—we’re also teammate obsessed.
Software Development Engineer