'Next Chapter' Returnship Program - QA Engineer, Web & InternationalizationProduct & Technology | Job ID 1335681
At Audible, we are excited to launch our “Next Chapter” Returnship Program because we appreciate the skills you can offer, the perspective you provide, and the contributions you will make. This program offers you a chance to revamp your skills, update your resume with new experiences, and make connections with other professionals transitioning back to the workforce. It also offers support through Path Forward, a nonprofit organization focused on empowering people who’ve taken a break for caregiving to transition back to the workforce.
This 16-week program is 100 percent virtual. Upon successful completion of the returnship, there is a possibility of an offer for full-time employment. Offers for full-time roles are contingent upon candidates’ advance commitment to reside or relocate to a geographical area that is within commuting distance to our Newark, NJ office post Covid-19. Relocation assistance will be provided for full-time opportunities .
ABOUT THE ROLE
Are you a software or quality engineer passionate about optimizing development and testing lifecycle via tools and process automation? If so, read below to see if this QA Engineer returnship is right for you!
WHAT YOU’LL GET TO DO
· Help Define QA Strategy and choose appropriate tools
· With the support of the team, own QA for large scale systems that are deployed across Web, Mobile Web and Native applications
· Deliver test automation, quality requirements, designing functional and performance test suites and producing deliverables that exceed commitments
· Responsible for contributing to the the architecture of test automation solutions, determining current limitations and compatibilities between subsystems, the selection of new concepts and methodology, and the development of major routines and utilities
· Generation of metrics and information that improve development practices on the team
· Review and critique of technical requirements and software design specifications and software implementation
· Instilling best practices for test suite automation and frameworks and documentation, making sure designs meet requirements, and delivering high quality software on tight schedules
· Take advantage of the resources, training and experts around you to stay up to date with tools, trends, technologies and frameworks both industry-wide and within Amazon and then share that knowledge in a meaningful way with the community.
WHO YOU ARE
· Able to thrive in an ambiguous environment where change is the only constant,
· Enthusiastic about software testing and quality,
· A team player who works well with others cross-functionally.
· A great communicator who is able to distill important information clearly in both written and verbal correspondence.
· Results-oriented at all times, you work with one goal in mind --delighting our customers all across the world.
· Passionate about bringing your skills to Audible while being open and eager to learn new things.
· 5+ years of software QA experience
· Demonstrated experience using diverse QA methodology and tools
· Have experience in defining E2E test strategy spanning across multiple systems, writing test plans, test automation
· Background in test automation using scripting languages
· Ability to understand technical specifications and analyze log files
· Open to relocate to or near Newark, NJ at the conclusion of the program if offered Full-Time employment post-returnship.
· Understanding or background in computer science fundamentals
· Passion for software testing and quality
· Excellent written and spoken communication
At Audible, we innovate and inspire through the power of voice. We're changing the narrative on storytelling. As a leading producer and provider of original spoken-word entertainment and audiobooks, we've redefined the ways people access, discover, and share stories. The stories we tell have the ability to transport and transform everyday moments into meaningful experiences and it's our people who make Audible's service possible. We're listeners, storytellers, and problem-solvers. Our perspectives and experiences power our ideas and come together in our mission to unleash the power of the spoken word.
Audible is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Audible is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Sign up for Job Alerts
- Senior Android Engineer Newark, New Jersey Product & Technology
- Senior Manager, Tech Business Strategy & Operations Newark, New Jersey Product & Technology
- Manager, Software Development - Core Android Newark, New Jersey Product & Technology
What we can offer you
We are a community of brilliant minds, brimming with fresh ideas and working shoulder to shoulder to achieve greatness. And because of this, we think it’s only fair that we offer some nice little perks to everyone who goes the extra mile at Audible.
Fully stocked kitchen with all the snacks and drinks to get your creative thoughts flowing.
Dental and vision plans, life insurance, and the medical plan options that suit individual needs.
Plan for your future with employer-matched savings accounts.
We grant our employees restricted stock units, because we want them to think and act like owners.
We love what we do but everyone needs the opportunity to hit the refresh button. Take advantage of vacation days, sick days, and personal days to rejuvenate.
From tickets to local events and exciting company-sponsored events, regular outings and team-building events foster our spirit of collaboration.
As part of the Amazon family, Audible employees are entitled to a discount on products on Amazon.
Discounted sports clubs or fitness reimbursements.
What keeps me motivated here in one word is 'opportunities.' Being able to deep-dive into complex cross-domain problems and stepping out of my comfort zone with projects, technologies and people. I can spontaneously collaborate with literally anyone—from my Audible teammates to my Amazon counterparts to our CIO and CEO—and most importantly get valuable feedback along the way.
Software Development Engineer