'Next Chapter' Returnship Program - Product ManagerProduct & Technology | Job ID 1321893
At Audible, we are excited to launch our “Next Chapter” Returnship Program because we appreciate the skills you can offer, the perspective you provide, and the contributions you will make. This program offers you a chance to revamp your skills, update your resume with new experiences, and make connections with other professionals transitioning back to the workforce. It also offers support through Path Forward, a nonprofit organization focused on empowering people who’ve taken a break for caregiving to transition back to the workforce.
This 16-week program is 100 percent virtual. Upon successful completion of the returnship, there is a possibility of an offer for full-time employment. Offers for full-time roles are contingent upon candidates’ advance commitment to reside or relocate to a geographical area that is within commuting distance to our Newark, NJ offices post Covid-19. Relocation assistance will be provided for full-time opportunities.
ABOUT THE ROLE
Audible is seeking a Product Manager to develop best-in-class experiences for tens of millions of global Audible customers across desktop web, mobile web and iOS/Android apps. You’ll act as the voice of the customer at every stage and will partner across Audible technical, product, business, and UX teams to work on various areas potentially including discovery, engagement, and conversion.
Throughout the returnship, you will collaborate closely with a cross functional team of stakeholders and will be responsible for helping craft and deliver delightful customer experiences that showcase the very best of Audible. You will be responsible for raising the bar on the art of developing beautiful and category-defining solutions and the science of applying a data-driven experimentation-oriented mindset that sits at the foundation of all decisions. You will relentlessly focus on customer needs, partnering with the business, working with user experience designers and technical innovators to craft product features and experiences that become the growth engine for Audible.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
· Collaborate to develop customer-focused product features and experiences for Audible’s flagship products.
· Build and cultivate relationships with stakeholders
· Partner with a team of Product Managers, helping to manage roadmaps, define features, and collaborate closely with UX and development teams
· Use data to drive product decisions, targeting metrics for success and measuring results against them.
WHO YOU ARE
· Detail-oriented and organized, you stay focused even with multiple and competing priorities.
· A great communicator who is able to distill important information clearly in both written and verbal correspondence.
· An analytical thinker with sound business judgement, you don’t just scratch the surface when solving problems.
· Able to work effectively across functions to inspire and influence others to have a user-experience centered approach at all times.
· Passionate about bringing your skills to Audible while being open and eager to learn new things.
· Minimum 5 years professional experience with at least 4 years related product management experience.
· Open to relocate to Newark, NJ at the conclusion of the program if offered Full-Time employment post-returnship.
· High attention to detail and proven ability to manage multiple priorities simultaneously.
· Exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
· Experience with agile and lean product management methodology and best practices.
· Sound business judgment, proven ability to influence others, and analytical thinking skills are critical to success in this position.
At Audible, we innovate and inspire through the power of voice. We're changing the narrative on storytelling. As a leading producer and provider of original spoken-word entertainment and audiobooks, we've redefined the ways people access, discover, and share stories. The stories we tell have the ability to transport and transform everyday moments into meaningful experiences and it's our people who make Audible's service possible. We're listeners, storytellers, and problem-solvers. Our perspectives and experiences power our ideas and come together in our mission to unleash the power of the spoken word.
Audible is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Audible is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Sign up for Job Alerts
- Senior Android Engineer Newark, New Jersey Product & Technology
- Senior Manager, Tech Business Strategy & Operations Newark, New Jersey Product & Technology
- Manager, Software Development - Core Android Newark, New Jersey Product & Technology
What we can offer you
We are a community of brilliant minds, brimming with fresh ideas and working shoulder to shoulder to achieve greatness. And because of this, we think it’s only fair that we offer some nice little perks to everyone who goes the extra mile at Audible.
Fully stocked kitchen with all the snacks and drinks to get your creative thoughts flowing.
Dental and vision plans, life insurance, and the medical plan options that suit individual needs.
Plan for your future with employer-matched savings accounts.
We grant our employees restricted stock units, because we want them to think and act like owners.
We love what we do but everyone needs the opportunity to hit the refresh button. Take advantage of vacation days, sick days, and personal days to rejuvenate.
From tickets to local events and exciting company-sponsored events, regular outings and team-building events foster our spirit of collaboration.
As part of the Amazon family, Audible employees are entitled to a discount on products on Amazon.
Discounted sports clubs or fitness reimbursements.
What keeps me motivated here in one word is 'opportunities.' Being able to deep-dive into complex cross-domain problems and stepping out of my comfort zone with projects, technologies and people. I can spontaneously collaborate with literally anyone—from my Audible teammates to my Amazon counterparts to our CIO and CEO—and most importantly get valuable feedback along the way.
Software Development Engineer