Manager, Software Development (Core Android)Product & Technology | Job ID 1147343
If you are ready to become a part of a culture that celebrates innovation and independent thought and want to use your passion and creativity to improve the daily lives of listeners around the world, we have a place for you on our team – come join us.
· You will play a leading role in managing the delivery of large cross functional projects spanning teams and divisions in Audible and outside of Audible (Amazon teams).
· You will collaborate to define core business objectives in order to deliver the best product, program or project with the most efficient use of company resources.
· Work with cross functional teams – technology, business and operations to manage multiple projects that have conflicting needs / priorities, from concept to launch.
· You will collaborate to define the technical architecture of solutions for mobile devices.
· Work with technical astuteness, be detailed oriented and proactive in seeking open issues in the projects and drive subsequent closure.
· Communicate project risks, progress, launches and retrospectives across all stakeholders and teams – consistently and transparently.
· Strive constantly to improve and establish a new bar in performance (using objective metrics) in project execution.
· You actively mentor more junior members of the team, improving their skills, their knowledge of our systems, and their ability to get things done.
· 9+ years of experience within software engineering and at least 2 years of experience in Mobile Application Development environment.
· 2+ years of experience managing agile software projects as a manager of software development.
· Able to thrive in an ambiguous environment.
· Detailed oriented to ensure that project success is paramount.
· Excellent Verbal and communication skills.
· Self-starter with the ability to multi-task and work in a fast paced environment.
· Ability to disagree, yet align, when dealing with different stakeholders.
· Results oriented and with a strong customer focus.
· Prior experience in building enterprise scale Mobile Applications.
· Prior experience in working with an Agile Tool enabled team (CI/CD/Automated Tests etc.).
· Strong understanding of current Mobile Ecosystem (Android API’s, Android Auto, Kotlin, Google PlayStore, etc.).
Audible, Inc. is the world’s largest seller and producer of spoken audio entertainment, information and educational programming. Since inventing and commercializing the first portable digital audio player in 1997, our focus on technological innovation and superior programming has earned us millions of subscribers around the world. We’re an Amazon subsidiary with a presence on four different continents, yet we maintain a startup vibe and small company feel. We offer more than 475,000 downloadable audiobooks, audio editions of periodicals, and other programs, and an escalating array of listening products that enrich daily life for a growing population of people who want to be more productive, well-informed, and thoughtfully entertained.
Audible is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Audible is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Sign up for Job Alerts
- Senior Product Manager – mobile apps Newark, New Jersey Product & Technology Audible is seeking a Senior Product Manager to define and build key product experiences that will elevate the customer e
- Software Development Engineer II Newark, New Jersey Product & Technology Audible Digital Asset Management (ADAM) group is the repository for all audio data pertaining to Audible products. These
- Software Development Engineer ll Newark, New Jersey Product & Technology Catalog Metadata Services (CMS) group is the repository for all data pertaining to Audible products. These critical serv
What we can offer you
We are a community of brilliant minds, brimming with fresh ideas and working shoulder to shoulder to achieve greatness. And because of this, we think it’s only fair that we offer some nice little perks to everyone who goes the extra mile at Audible.
Fully stocked kitchen with all the snacks and drinks to get your creative thoughts flowing.
Dental and vision plans, life insurance, and the medical plan options that suit individual needs.
Plan for your future with employer-matched savings accounts.
We grant our employees restricted stock units, because we want them to think and act like owners.
We love what we do but everyone needs the opportunity to hit the refresh button. Take advantage of vacation days, sick days, and personal days to rejuvenate.
From tickets to local events and exciting company-sponsored events, regular outings and team-building events foster our spirit of collaboration.
As part of the Amazon family, Audible employees are entitled to a discount on products on Amazon.
Discounted sports clubs or fitness reimbursements.
What keeps me motivated here in one word is 'opportunities.' Being able to deep-dive into complex cross-domain problems and stepping out of my comfort zone with projects, technologies and people. I can spontaneously collaborate with literally anyone—from my Audible teammates to my Amazon counterparts to our CIO and CEO—and most importantly get valuable feedback along the way.
Software Development Engineer