Lead Software Development Engineer - HomesteadTechnology | Job ID 1729406
ABOUT THIS ROLE
As a Software Development Engineer, it’s up to you to define, design and refine the tech that keeps us one step ahead of listeners. Anticipate. Innovate. Bring challenging ideas and we’ll support you with the latest tech, tools and systems that you need to succeed. You’ll drive the team forward, guiding them over every obstacle and leading the way to develop exciting, original and effective solutions. Leading the way, you’ll bring our team together to build and maintain our platform to bring thousands of stories to millions of listeners and unleash the power of the human voice.
ABOUT THE TEAM
Our Homestead team is dedicated to creating the best possible listening experience for our customers through every stage of their Audible experience. Using the power of data and technology, we work closely with our business development and marketing partners towards a simple goal; to help Audible grow. As the biggest acquisition channel for Audible, we are reaching that goal every day and driving the business forward.
You’re in your element when you’re being challenged, and you’re always eager to share your ideas, take on responsibility and keep developing at an exciting pace. We look for people who show initiative, set their standards high and see every failure as an opportunity to learn. You’re looking for an environment where you can thrive and help your team reach their potential. With opportunities to challenge yourself and lead a talented team to success, you’ll find what you’re looking for at Audible.
As a Lead Software Development Engineer, you will...
· Own and drive the overall architecture and technical strategy for key components within our platform: Envisioning, designing, creating, and supporting our solutions that operate with a high degree of operational excellence.
· Lead the design and implementation of key initiatives and major features from the front end client down through the underlying services powering it.
· Draw inspiration from the tools, trends, technologies and frameworks both industry-wide and within Amazon and apply these in a meaningful way within our software.
· Collaborate to deliver the best technology solution, responsible for system design and support and mentoring of our developers.
· Partner with business and technical leadership and a cross-functional team to imagine, design, develop, test, and launch software that wows our community and inspires our peers.
· Be willing to explore business needs and learn un-prompted. Bring problems AND solutions to the table.
· Constantly strive to raise the bar on engineering excellence
· Lead the way - staying up to date with tools, trends, technologies and frameworks both industry-wide and within Amazon and then sharing that knowledge in a meaningful way with the community.
· 10+ years experience of software development and deployment of distributed multi-tier applications across web, mobile-web and apps.
· Experience in developing technical strategy, and architecting large front-end solutions.
· Prior use of AWS technologies at scale in a production environment.
· Experience with React, HTTP/2, serverless, containers, microservices, CI/CD, and cross-platform development
· Prior experience in full stack development and consuming RESTful services.
· Proven success in mentoring tech leads and engineers.
· History of delivering customer-driven software products at a high scale in a fast paced, technology first, rapid-growth company.
· Prior success as a strategic influencer on the direction of product design and development.
· Outstanding interpersonal skills and the ability to work effectively across teams & multiple division stakeholders.
At Audible, we innovate and inspire through the power of voice. We're changing the narrative on storytelling. As a leading producer and provider of original spoken-word entertainment and audiobooks, we've redefined the ways people access, discover, and share stories. The stories we tell have the ability to transport and transform everyday moments into meaningful experiences and it's our people who make Audible's service possible. We're listeners, storytellers, and problem-solvers. Our perspectives and experiences power our ideas and come together in our mission to unleash the power of the spoken word.
Audible is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Audible is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
What we can offer you
We are a community of brilliant minds, brimming with fresh ideas and working shoulder to shoulder to achieve greatness. And because of this, we think it’s only fair that we offer some nice little perks to everyone who goes the extra mile at Audible.
Fully stocked kitchen with all the snacks and drinks to get your creative thoughts flowing.
Dental and vision plans, life insurance, and the medical plan options that suit individual needs.
Plan for your future with employer-matched savings accounts.
We grant our employees restricted stock units, because we want them to think and act like owners.
We love what we do but everyone needs the opportunity to hit the refresh button. Take advantage of vacation days, sick days, and personal days to rejuvenate.
From tickets to local events and exciting company-sponsored events, regular outings and team-building events foster our spirit of collaboration.
As part of the Amazon family, Audible employees are entitled to a discount on products on Amazon.
Discounted sports clubs or fitness reimbursements.
What keeps me motivated here in one word is 'opportunities.' Being able to deep-dive into complex cross-domain problems and stepping out of my comfort zone with projects, technologies and people. I can spontaneously collaborate with literally anyone—from my Audible teammates to my Amazon counterparts to our CIO and CEO—and most importantly get valuable feedback along the way.
Software Development Engineer