Lead Global Insights and Data Science
Newark, New Jersey
Job ID: 785004
Audible is looking for an experienced leader and manager Global Insights and Data Science to help support our strategic and financial objectives. The role will be based in Newark (NJ).
She/he will make the best of her/his skillset in business, marketing, finance, econometrics, statistics, simulation and business intelligence to explain, quantify, predict and prescribe. She/he will know how to translate business and financial goals into agile, insightful analytics. She/he will seek to create value for both stakeholders and customers, and will convey findings in a clear, actionable way to managers and senior leaders.
· As the point of contact person for our CFO and finance organization, will work at the junction between marketing and finance goals and support our strategic objectives around customer acquisition, retention, engagement and experience.
· Translates objectives into strategic plans with a medium- to long-term view.
· Decisions directly impact the performance of the business segment /corporate department.
· Will provide stakeholders with timely, relevant insights, scenarios and recommendations.
· Only general precedence is available to assist in resolving some unforeseen complications.
· Will provide new and innovative solutions for complex problems.
· Will sometimes imagine and invent before stakeholders ask and create groundbreaking applications using cutting-edge approaches.
· Will be a full part of the Audible Global Insight and Data Science team and contribute to the growth of the team, share her/his ideas, intellectual property, and learn from others. In particular will bring Audible to the next stage of marketing and finance intelligence capabilities.
Basic Qualifications· MBA or MS preferably in the following discipline: Economics, Econometrics, Finance, Data Science, Statistics.
· 4+ years of working experience.
· Programming languages: fluency in SQL, and at least one of (by decreasing priority) Python, R or SAS. Knowledge of other programming languages, like Java or C#, is a plus.
· Exposure to advanced software engineering environments (version control, command line…) a plus.
· Exposure to Agile and strong track record in project and process management a plus.
· Domain knowledge of comparable products (digital, retail) a plus.
Preferred Qualifications· Passion for data (and fearlessness in the face of a data tsunami), modeling, research design and cutting-edges algorithms. Track record of thought leadership and outstanding expertise in the area of econometrics, data science, marketing intelligence and/or FP&A analytics.
· Customer- and business obsession, with a bias for action and a drive to create measurable value.
· Willingness to engage with stakeholders (including senior stakeholders like our CFO and VPs), enthuse them for data science benefits, and deliver in a professional, timely way. Can navigate complex, matrix-shaped organizations and be persuasive and caring with a wide range of diverse, cross-cultural audiences.
· Communication skills must be as polished in person as they are over video- or audio- conferences.
· Ability to thrive in complex business environments defined by uncertain, incomplete or limited information and evolving targets. Comfortable finding (or building) common ground to drive his/her agenda.
· Strong at handling resource and urgency constrains and prioritizing deliveries.
Audible is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age.
Audible, Inc. is the world’s largest seller and producer of spoken audio entertainment, information and educational programming. Since inventing and commercializing the first portable digital audio player in 1997, our focus on technological innovation and superior programming has earned us millions of subscribers around the world. We’re an Amazon subsidiary with a presence on four different continents, yet we maintain a startup vibe and small company feel. We offer more than 475,000 downloadable audiobooks, audio editions of periodicals, and other programs, and an escalating array of listening products that enrich daily life for a growing population of people who want to be more productive, well-informed, and thoughtfully entertained.