Junior Software Development EngineerTechnology | Job ID 1439025
As a Software Development Engineer, you will be part of a full-stack team that includes other iOS, Android, Web, and API developers. Our core goal is to make cross device development faster and higher quality. You will be a key part of the team for API development.
If you are excited to own and solve problems, work with a creative dynamic team, fail fast in a supportive environment while growing your career and working on high volume (2000+ transactions per second) services that support millions of customers worldwide, we want to hear from you.
HOW DOES AMAZON FIT IN?
We're a part of Amazon: they are our parent company and it's a great partnership. You'll get to play with Amazon's technologies, but it doesn't stop there. Audible is built on a strong foundation of Amazon technology and you'll have insight into the inner workings of the world's leading ecommerce experience. There's a LOT to learn! Your career will benefit from working with teams like Alexa, Search, Kindle, A9, P13N and many more.
· Describe and implement REST APIs, ensuring their performance and scalability for our millions of customers.
· Plan, populate, and maintain distributed data stores for high throughput and correctness.
· Partner with other engineers to imagine, design, develop, test, and launch software that invigorates our community and inspires our peers.
· Solve problems and have a large degree of ownership for the delivery of your code and design.
· Support the platform and ensure continual uptime.
· Bachelor’s degree or higher in Computer Science or related field.
· At least 1 to 5 years of professional software development experience.
· Problem-solving skills with the ability to navigate highly complex and ambiguous situations.
· Familiarity with digital audio encoding, particularly AAC and MP3.
· Aptitude for dependency injection frameworks and associated techniques using technologies like Spring or Guice.
· Competency in automation, enthusiasm for continuous integration/deployment or Chaos Engineering.
· Knowledge of distributed systems: how they’re built, maintained, and perform.
· Recent experience with REST API development, microservices, event-driven architecture, and Amazon Web Services (AWS).
· Adaptable, enterprising, and willing to take ownership.
· A high-quality bar: just-enough documentation, unit testing, code reviews, test automation, continuous integration & deployment.
· A preference for Agile development methodologies.
· Ability to think creatively and adapt the message to the audience.
At Audible, we innovate and inspire through the power of voice. We're changing the narrative on storytelling. As a leading producer and provider of audio storytelling and spoken-word entertainment, we've redefined the ways people access, discover, and share stories. The stories we tell have the ability to transport and transform everyday moments into meaningful experiences and it's our people who make Audible's service possible. We're listeners, storytellers, and problem-solvers. Our perspectives and experiences power our ideas and come together in our mission to unleash the power of the spoken word.
Audible is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Audible is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Sign up for Job Alerts
- Senior Full Stack Developer Newark, New Jersey Technology
- Software Development Engineer II - ML/BigData Newark, New Jersey Technology
- Senior Full Stack Development Engineer - International Expansion Newark, New Jersey Technology
What we can offer you
We are a community of brilliant minds, brimming with fresh ideas and working shoulder to shoulder to achieve greatness. And because of this, we think it’s only fair that we offer some nice little perks to everyone who goes the extra mile at Audible.
Fully stocked kitchen with all the snacks and drinks to get your creative thoughts flowing.
Dental and vision plans, life insurance, and the medical plan options that suit individual needs.
Plan for your future with employer-matched savings accounts.
We grant our employees restricted stock units, because we want them to think and act like owners.
We love what we do but everyone needs the opportunity to hit the refresh button. Take advantage of vacation days, sick days, and personal days to rejuvenate.
From tickets to local events and exciting company-sponsored events, regular outings and team-building events foster our spirit of collaboration.
As part of the Amazon family, Audible employees are entitled to a discount on products on Amazon.
Discounted sports clubs or fitness reimbursements.
What keeps me motivated here in one word is 'opportunities.' Being able to deep-dive into complex cross-domain problems and stepping out of my comfort zone with projects, technologies and people. I can spontaneously collaborate with literally anyone—from my Audible teammates to my Amazon counterparts to our CIO and CEO—and most importantly get valuable feedback along the way.
Software Development Engineer