IT Support Engineer
Newark, New Jersey
Job ID: 901684
Audible.com (a wholly owned subsidiary of Amazon.com) is looking for a dynamic and motivated IT Support Engineer to join their IT Operations group. If you are customer-focused with strong problem-solving skills and have experience with macOS and Windows environments, we want to talk with you.
As a member of the team you will have the opportunity to develop your career by maintaining and supporting Audible’s unique corporate infrastructure, service platforms and employees. This is a challenging role that demands strong communication skills, technical, analytical and problem-solving competencies and most importantly, customer obsession.
· Provide ticket-based, walk-up and remote Helpdesk support for Audible’s growing multi-site user base and environments.
· Direct internal and external service provider engagements, as needed, in the processing of support requests for effective and timely resolution of issues.
· Manage various routine processes such as new hire onboards, computer life cycle management, asset management, computer imaging, hardware warranty support and hardware recycling.
· Participate in the development, implementation and administration of processes and procedures to ensure the reliability, recoverability, and optimum performance of user hardware and local services.
· Work in tandem with the rest of the IT Operations team to uphold system SLAs with a rotating On-call schedule for production support issues.
· Research, procure, vet and deploy new hardware and software solutions.
Basic Qualifications· At least 3 years of related industry experience in an enterprise environment.
· Candidate should be results oriented and delivery focused with demonstrated experience working with corporate users and engineering teams.
· Analytical abilities and proven problem-solving skills; must be a real troubleshooter who excels at spotting issues and monitoring problems.
· Ability to multi-task and handle multiple priorities in an innovative and fast paced environment.
· Strong verbal and written communications skills, including an ability to effectively communicate with both business and technical teams.
· Significant experience supporting users and their hardware and software.
· Experience with AD Systems Administration in a mixed operating system environment - macOS, Windows and Unix.
· Strong knowledge of networking hardware and concepts.
· Knowledge of mobile device operating systems and support.
· Able to integrate into a team environment as well as handle project work independently with minimal supervision.
Preferred Qualifications· Undergraduate degree in an IT discipline.
· Familiarity in programming/scripting in shellscript, VBscript, Powershell, Perl or similar languages with an emphasis on automation of engineering and administration functions.
· Experience with managing or deploying enterprise services such as Active Directory, Exchange, and OS imaging.
· Willingness to travel on occasion to remote offices domestically and internationally.
Audible is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age
Audible, Inc. is the world’s largest seller and producer of spoken audio entertainment, information and educational programming. Since inventing and commercializing the first portable digital audio player in 1997, our focus on technological innovation and superior programming has earned us millions of subscribers around the world. We’re an Amazon subsidiary with a presence on four different continents, yet we maintain a startup vibe and small company feel. We offer more than 475,000 downloadable audiobooks, audio editions of periodicals, and other programs, and an escalating array of listening products that enrich daily life for a growing population of people who want to be more productive, well-informed, and thoughtfully entertained.