IT Support EngineerProduct & Technology | Job ID 901684
Audible.com (a wholly owned subsidiary of Amazon.com) is looking for a dynamic and motivated IT Support Engineer to join their IT Operations group. If you are customer-focused with strong problem-solving skills and have experience with macOS and Windows environments, we want to talk with you.
As a member of the team you will have the opportunity to develop your career by maintaining and supporting Audible’s unique corporate infrastructure, service platforms and employees. This is a challenging role that demands strong communication skills, technical, analytical and problem-solving competencies and most importantly, customer obsession.
· Provide ticket-based, walk-up and remote Helpdesk support for Audible’s growing multi-site user base and environments.
· Direct internal and external service provider engagements, as needed, in the processing of support requests for effective and timely resolution of issues.
· Manage various routine processes such as new hire onboards, computer life cycle management, asset management, computer imaging, hardware warranty support and hardware recycling.
· Participate in the development, implementation and administration of processes and procedures to ensure the reliability, recoverability, and optimum performance of user hardware and local services.
· Work in tandem with the rest of the IT Operations team to uphold system SLAs with a rotating On-call schedule for production support issues.
· Research, procure, vet and deploy new hardware and software solutions.
· Candidate should be results oriented and delivery focused with demonstrated experience working with corporate users and engineering teams.
· Analytical abilities and proven problem-solving skills; must be a real troubleshooter who excels at spotting issues and monitoring problems.
· Ability to multi-task and handle multiple priorities in an innovative and fast paced environment.
· Strong verbal and written communications skills, including an ability to effectively communicate with both business and technical teams.
· Significant experience supporting users and their hardware and software.
· Experience with AD Systems Administration in a mixed operating system environment - macOS, Windows and Unix.
· Strong knowledge of networking hardware and concepts.
· Knowledge of mobile device operating systems and support.
· Able to integrate into a team environment as well as handle project work independently with minimal supervision.
· Familiarity in programming/scripting in shellscript, VBscript, Powershell, Perl or similar languages with an emphasis on automation of engineering and administration functions.
· Experience with managing or deploying enterprise services such as Active Directory, Exchange, and OS imaging.
· Willingness to travel on occasion to remote offices domestically and internationally.
Audible is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age
Sign up for Job Alerts
- Audible Quality Assurance Engineer Internship - QA (Newark and Cambridge) Newark, New Jersey Product & Technology Audible is a mission driven, highly profitable media company in hyper-growth. We're a collection of artists, designers a
- Software Development Engineer - Android Newark, New Jersey Product & Technology The Android Core group owns the core experience for Audible Android App. Audible customers spend most of their time with
- Software Development Engineer I Newark, New Jersey Product & Technology This opportunity is for a Software Development Engineer for Audible’s International Expansion group. We are the team tha
What we can offer you
We are a community of brilliant minds, brimming with fresh ideas and working shoulder to shoulder to achieve greatness. And because of this, we think it’s only fair that we offer some nice little perks to everyone who goes the extra mile at Audible.
Fully stocked kitchen with all the snacks and drinks to get your creative thoughts flowing.
Dental and vision plans, life insurance, and the medical plan options that suit individual needs.
Plan for your future with employer-matched savings accounts.
We grant our employees restricted stock units, because we want them to think and act like owners.
We love what we do but everyone needs the opportunity to hit the refresh button. Take advantage of vacation days, sick days, and personal days to rejuvenate.
From tickets to local events and exciting company-sponsored events, regular outings and team-building events foster our spirit of collaboration.
As part of the Amazon family, Audible employees are entitled to a discount on products on Amazon.
Discounted sports clubs or fitness reimbursements.
What keeps me motivated here in one word is 'opportunities.' Being able to deep-dive into complex cross-domain problems and stepping out of my comfort zone with projects, technologies and people. I can spontaneously collaborate with literally anyone—from my Audible teammates to my Amazon counterparts to our CIO and CEO—and most importantly get valuable feedback along the way.
Software Development Engineer