Internal Communications Partner – Digital Communications LeadBrand & Marketing | Job ID 1722726
ABOUT THIS ROLE
As we look to the future of work at Audible and implement our Hub+Home hybrid model, it is more important than ever to understand what information Audible employees need and want and to identify the right channels to reach them, at hub or at home. The Internal Communications Partner will play a lead role in evolving our overall internal communications channel and editorial strategy, transforming our digital workplace internally, and applying current and future internal comms and employee engagement trends and metrics to inform, engage and inspire employees This role will look holistically at the organization to connect the dots across business and functional areas as well as within and across hubs and proactively anticipate communication needs while developing strategies and tactics to address them as part of our overall global internal communications agenda.
You have a proven ability to use multiple communications channels and technologies to create impactful communications that are aligned with strategy and ensure we are reaching employees when and where they are available. The following People Principles are engrained in you:
· Be Customer Obsessed to always keep a finger on the pulse of what our internal customers need.
· In our fast-paced environment with quickly evolving priorities and technologies, this individual must be able to Articulate the Possible & Move Fast to Make it Real.
· To keep us ever-evolving in the modern digital workplace, they should have experience in this area and an appetite to learn new skills and Study & Draw Inspiration from Culture & Technology.
As an Internal Communications Partner, you will...
· Further develop, oversee and lead the execution of our global internal communications channel strategy, with an eye towards ensuring our channels remain effective in our new hybrid way of working and applying emerging trends and technologies to continually evolve these channels as needed.
· Serve as relationship owner with external vendors (i.e., Bananatag, Appspace, Simpplr - pending approval) and Amazon systems (AEM, Sharepoint) and as the main point of contact for content updates and support to permitted content contributors/publishers on internal systems.
· Manage complex programs and is adept at functioning quickly, independently, and effectively as both project and relationship manager, of critical importance for the implementation, rollout, and maintenance of the Audible intranet and related digital workplace tools.
· Project manage, design, initiate review process, and distribute company communications including weekly Audible Happenings newsletter and other messages, as needed.
· Leverage metrics and analytics to make data-driven decisions around communications while implementing and managing team editorial calendar and regularly evaluating, streamlining, and/or eliminating excess program processes across teams.
· Serve as the liaison with IT on technical aspects of channel updates and main point of contact for channels maintenance.
· Systematically evaluate and contribute to conversations with long-term impact (i.e., intranet solutions, system integrations, Return-to-Office communications, globally inclusive mindset).
· Serve as communications business partner on various initiatives with teams and hubs across the organization including Events, Infosec, Helpdesk, AV, WREF.
· Utilize hub connections to identify gaps, ask probing questions, and assess the impact of internal communications on other Audible hubs (when applicable) to cater messaging or devise secondary communications to connect the dots.
· 5+ years of work experience in a communications capacity.
· Adept at using and experimenting with communication technologies.
· Willing to roll up one’s sleeves and get work done, even when outside the scope of the job.
· Written communication—strong writing, line-editing, copyediting and proofreading skills, varies writing style to meet needs, presents data effectively.
· Oral communication—speaks clearly and persuasively; possesses ability to engage others; listens and gets clarification; responds well to questions; actively participates in meetings.
· Technical skills—strong Word, Excel and PowerPoint ability as well as experience with intranet platforms such as SharePoint.
· Ability to use visual concepts, graphic design or HTML.
· Digital fluency – keen understanding of behaviors in the digital space and digital platforms. Proactively learns new skills and technologies.
· Capacity to work across teams at the highest levels of the Audible organization, enjoys working with people and understands discretion and diplomacy.
· Ability to plan and coordinate internal campaigns and events — should have strong organizational and project management skills and attention to detail.
· Ability to think innovatively and creatively, and change course if necessary, to achieve desired results.
· Ability to move swiftly and with composure against quick turnaround times and proactively seek clarity through ambiguity.
· Passion for our Audible People Principles and core mission to improve lives through storytelling, the company’s commitment to urban revitalization and its disruptive, technology-driven culture.
· Applies logic to complexity and uses research, metrics, input, and knowledge of internal behaviors and ways of working to drive guidance to business partners and communication campaigns/channel recommendations.
· Driven by customer obsession to influence and counsel trusted business partners and leaders on the most effective and impactful messages and campaigns.
At Audible, we innovate and inspire through the power of voice. We're changing the narrative on storytelling. As a leading producer and provider of original spoken-word entertainment and audiobooks, we've redefined the ways people access, discover, and share stories. The stories we tell have the ability to transport and transform everyday moments into meaningful experiences and it's our people who make Audible's service possible. We're listeners, storytellers, and problem-solvers. Our perspectives and experiences power our ideas and come together in our mission to unleash the power of the spoken word.
Audible is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Audible is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Sign up for Job Alerts
At Audible, we seek to exemplify what a company can mean beyond what it does. As Newark's fastest-growing private employer, we recruit and cultivate local talent as well as drive forward a wide range of community initiatives with a focus on supporting Newark's renaissance. Our global offices embrace their local communities as well, and our employees around the world volunteer and serve in their communities in addition to seeding and growing the local creative economy.
Plan for every chapter of your career journey with a wide range of generous benefits that you can rely on. We’re fostering an environment where everyone can thrive, individually and as part of the greater Audible community.