Human Resource Business Partner, TechnologyPeople & Operations | Job ID 1718923
ABOUT THIS ROLE
Audible is seeking a proactive, articulate and enthusiastic individual for the role of HR Business Partner. This is a fantastic opportunity for an HR Business Partner to experience what it’s like to help leaders manage Tech Talent at a place where brilliant individuals get to work with cool people and build exciting things for the loyal customers who love our product.
Audible’s talented Engineering teams are led by business-savvy technologists who are eager to partner with strategic advisors who can help them grow and retain their incredibly valuable human capital. Tech leaders and teams need a seasoned Business Partner who can help scale the effectiveness of their managers by driving HR best practices through the organization. If you enjoy the process of transformational change, and have a strong personal compass oriented towards what’s best for the people and organization you support…then this is the perfect job for you!
As the HR Business Partner you will work with the Tech HR team – a cross-functional team of HR colleagues who are all dedicated to the Engineering team -- to define and implement a best-in-class talent management strategy while also delivering more comprehensive HR solutions through the scaled agile methodology used by our clients. As part of the Global HRBP & ER team within Audible HR, you will also play a critical Voice of the Customer (VoC) role and help shape the HR demand curve in partnership with the COE teams, as well as participate in cross-functional global implementations.
You're a “thinker” and “do’er” paired with a strong aptitude for evaluating actionable opportunities and following through on commitments and deadlines, earning trust quickly. You're resilient with positive attitude and high tolerance for ambiguity with a hands-on multitasker ability to quickly change focus and balance the needs of the moment with longer-term goals. You enjoy the process of transformational change, and have a strong personal compass oriented towards what’s best for the people, teams and overall organization. You’re eager to balance a hybrid focus of HR Business Partner and Program Manager and overall liaison to People & Places org as well as multiple business teams. You’re a self-starter capable of taking initiative and working with minimal direction, using own initiative and excellent problem solving skills.
As a HR Business Partner Director, you will…
· Partner with Senior HR Business Partner(s) and respective parts of the organization to support relevant business functions and People & Places community to build rapport, develop and execute people strategies and deliver results, serving as an expert on people processes and policies to support employees.
· Significantly influence org design and effectiveness with HR and managers to assess and align team structures and people processes to business goals/strategy, supporting businesses in transformation.
· Oversee sensitive employee relations issues directly with Senior HR Business Partner, ER and Legal to manage performance issues timely and thoughtfully.
· Foster and contribute to coaching & development focus to improve/enhance employee effectiveness with day to day advice and counsel and continuous feedback.
· Support managers in creating specific action plans to develop and grow employees. Work with managers in upgrading employee skill sets.
· Complete ad-hoc project and program management, such as creating job aids, manuals and illustrations to encourage learning, awareness and simplicity within a self-service model.
· Use both qualitative and quantitative methods to identify trends, support retention/engagement and identify strategic opportunities for Audible to provide an experience that delights our most valuable asset, our people.
· Partner on Diversity & Inclusion (Spectrum & Belonging at Audible) efforts for multiple orgs, working closely with our teams to ensure we have in place the protocols, guidelines, toolkits and programs that demonstrate our commitment to being an inclusive workplace where the full spectrum of talent can thrive.
· In conjunction with the Sr HR Business Partner, facilitate the talent and compensation management processes.
· Acts as change agent to business through process design and approaches that support change and transformation.
· 7+ years of experience where you successfully managed large-scale projects and developed high-impact programming, including Diversity & Inclusion (D&I).
· Proficient in Microsoft Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint.
· Ability to analyze quantitative data and understand the key metrics (demographics, attrition/retention rate, pipeline, mobility) in order to communicate insights, ideas, tell stories, drive decisions and measure the impact.
· Proven ability and experience working seamlessly across multiple stakeholders and/or businesses with a variety of personalities and functional disciplines.
· Proven ability to think creatively around D&Is application to HR, business units, and organizational business priorities.
· Demonstrated ability to various stakeholders and support across all levels of the organization via multiple platforms in person and remote, intranet documentation, newsletters, email, team meetings, department events etc.
· Demonstrated experience communicating effectively while maintaining emotional intelligence to solve various problems.
· Ability to work across multiple systems including Workday, while maintaining confidentiality and discretion.
At Audible, we innovate and inspire through the power of voice. We're changing the narrative on storytelling. As a leading producer and provider of original spoken-word entertainment and audiobooks, we've redefined the ways people access, discover, and share stories. The stories we tell have the ability to transport and transform everyday moments into meaningful experiences and it's our people who make Audible's service possible. We're listeners, storytellers, and problem-solvers. Our perspectives and experiences power our ideas and come together in our mission to unleash the power of the spoken word.
Audible is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Audible is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Plan for every chapter of your career journey with a wide range of generous benefits that you can rely on. We’re fostering an environment where everyone can thrive, individually and as part of the greater Audible community.