Head of Marketing TechnologyTechnology | Job ID 2357655
ABOUT THIS ROLE
The Head of Marketing Technology will manage and develop our MarTech engineering teams. You will be responsible for driving the overarching MarTech strategy and its delivery by partnering closely with Audible and Amazon teams across Marketing, Product, UX and QA. This is a senior leadership role directly reporting into Audible's Chief Technology Officer (CTO).
Audible’s recent groundbreaking content includes Neil Gaiman’s Sandman series, Michelle Obama’s The Light podcast, Audible Words + Music, Amazon partnerships with the Lord of the Rings franchise and NFL Thursday Night Football. The MarTech landscape is constantly evolving. Audible will continue to innovate on behalf our creators and customers, finding new ways to attract and engage them. The MarTech team will empower us to personalize customer experiences at massive scale. This role will lead a high-performing engineering team to deliver on Audible’s ambitious marketing strategies and will help further establish Audible as the leader of the spoken word category we created.
Audible's People Principles celebrate who we are and where we've been, and guide the way we work shoulder to shoulder to enhance the lives of our millions of customers. Our diverse team depends on differing backgrounds and perspectives to foster robust conversations that lead us to the right solutions for our customers.
You are curious, innovative and entrepreneurial, you stay on top of tools, trends, technologies and best practices. You have a passion for marketing and the related industry technologies and challenges and the expertise, strategic thinking, technical depth, and leadership skills needed to play a crucial role in driving the Marketing Technology strategy for Audible with a heavy focus on automation at scale. You embrace ambiguity and aren’t afraid of changing directions if something isn’t working out. You will lead an engineering team focused on marketing capabilities that reach millions of Audible customers globally. Your team will be the center of excellence for Audible’s MarTech, with developers who work in a fast-paced agile environment.
As Head of Marketing Technology, you will...
- Manage tech teams and lead full life cycle delivery of large cross functional projects
- Work at both the strategic and tactical level to champion bold, innovative marketing technology
- Have ownership over MarTech stack tool decisions, technical implementation, resource & roadmap planning and issue remediation
- Manage the complete software development lifecycle: defining, prioritizing, designing, and leading implementation and testing of new features within an Agile environment
- Drive efforts to integrate 3rd party, Amazon and internal tools with our existing marketing platforms from evaluation (i.e. assessment of the technical compatibility with existing systems, scalability and durability of the solution, lead the security reviews and negotiations) to end-to-end implementation (i.e. vendors management, troubleshooting, ensure best-practices are respected, capture feedback) and adoption
- Partner effectively with all levels of leadership
- Influence through data-driven business cases to drive decisions
- Represent, verbally and in writing, complex decisions, tough trade-offs, and potential strategies clearly to leaders to help them understand the decisions they have to make
- Constantly strive to raise the bar on delivery, operational excellence, performance, and quality in a fast-paced agile environment
- Define, manage, and improve the software and product development processes by working closely with high-performance engineers
- Coach and mentor our high-performing architects and engineers to help them grow their skills, enhance their knowledge of our systems and their ability to get things done, while enabling them to be future leaders who are focused on building a high growth and inclusive culture
- Architect and develop the innovative technical design and implementation approach with the overall product line goals and objectives in mind
- Own team’s operational excellence, including creation of and monitoring of metrics and alarms in a continuous process improvement environment
- Be a passionate builder of talent and teams: hire, coach, and mentor engineers on the team
At Audible, we innovate and inspire through the power of voice. We're changing the narrative on storytelling. As a leading creator and provider of premium audio storytelling, we've redefined the ways people access, discover, and share stories. The stories we tell have the ability to transport and transform everyday moments into meaningful experiences and it's our people who make Audible's service possible. We're listeners, storytellers, and problem-solvers. Our perspectives and experiences power our ideas and come together in our mission to unleash the power of the spoken word. Audible offers a Hub+Home hybrid workplace model that gives employees flexibility between gathering in a common office space (work from hub) and remote work (work from home). Some teams will work mostly at hub, some mostly at home and others hybrid. For more information, please visit adbl.co/hybrid.
- Bachelors or advanced degree in Computer Science or closely related field
- 15+ years of industry experience in software development
- 5+ years of experience building, managing and developing software engineering teams and 3+ years of managing multiple managers of teams
- Prior experience as a software engineer including experience designing and coding highly scalable, available and low latency services
- Experience in driving new feature prioritization, development, and delivery
- Experience collaborating with and influencing technical leaders
- Experience in creating communication strategies that engage and impact internal and external stakeholders
- Professional experience in setting up end-to-end marketing technology stacks, marketing automation programs, and data flows
- Experience working with customer data platforms, tag management platforms, web analytics tools and marketing automation tools
- Demonstrated ability to build, motivate and retain high-performance engineering teams while leading engineering culture change
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to present complex technical information in a clear and concise manner to a variety of audiences
- Keeps up to date on MarTech industry and innovations that align with our business goals
- Experienced with building and architecting on AWS
- Experience being a manager of managers, growing managers to scale with the needs of the organization and working through others to accomplish the day-to-day work of the organization
- Demonstrated ability to make things happen in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Experience defining and championing best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
- Outstanding interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work effectively across teams & multiple division stakeholders
- Results oriented and with a strong customer focus
- Highly autonomous
- Delivers with little guidance
Audible is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Audible is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Sign up for Job Alerts
Audible's People Principles celebrate who we are and where we've been, and guide the way we work shoulder to shoulder to enhance the lives of our millions of customers around the world. They reflect and apply to everyone who works at Audible—the entrepreneurs and operators, the dreamers and the doers, those who have worked here for 20 years and those who have arrived in the past few weeks and months.
What we can offer you
We are a community of brilliant minds, brimming with fresh ideas and working shoulder to shoulder to achieve greatness. And because of this, we think it’s only fair that we offer some nice little perks to everyone who goes the extra mile at Audible.
We promote flexibility in how and where we work with our Hub+Home hybrid workplace model.
Dental and vision plans, life insurance, and the medical plan options that suit individual needs.
Plan for your future with employer-matched savings accounts.
We grant our employees restricted stock units, because we want them to think and act like owners.
We love what we do but everyone needs the opportunity to hit the refresh button. Take advantage of vacation days, sick days, and personal days to rejuvenate.
We are committed to building and sustaining a diverse and inclusive culture and community. Audible’s Impact Groups encourage an environment where you can be you, and bring your whole self to work.
As part of the Amazon family, Audible employees are entitled to a discount on products on Amazon.
Learning & Development
We want to help you grow with learning and development programs, leadership training and tuition reimbursement.
At Audible, we seek to exemplify what a company can mean beyond what it does. As Newark's fastest-growing private employer, we recruit and cultivate local talent as well as drive forward a wide range of community initiatives with a focus on supporting Newark's renaissance. Our global offices embrace their local communities as well, and our employees around the world volunteer and serve in their communities in addition to seeding and growing the local creative economy.
Plan for every chapter of your career journey with a wide range of generous benefits that you can rely on. We’re fostering an environment where everyone can thrive, individually and as part of the greater Audible community.