Global Head of Corporate Development & PlanningFinance & Insight | Job ID 2087160
Good storytelling starts with great listening. At Audible, that means each role and every project has our audience in mind. Because the same people who design, develop, and deploy our products also happen to use them. To us, that speaks volumes.
ABOUT THIS ROLE
Audible’s Global Head of Corporate Development & Planning will architect and execute both organic and inorganic growth opportunities to accelerate Audible’s continued growth. Amidst an evolving audio landscape, you will source, negotiate, structure, and execute advantageous transactions and investments across Audible’s geographies and functions. You will also identify and vet new growth opportunities for the executive team, drawing on customer trends and the competitive landscape. The business is strong and we believe the impact of this role can fuel our company to grow in unprecedented ways.
You have a demonstrated track record of sourcing and executing creative transactions with non-obvious deal structures. You are equally comfortable “thinking big” and prioritizing strategic initiatives as you are rolling up your sleeves on the day-to-day operational details. You are an inspirational leader who has effectively mobilized cross-functional teams toward common goals on compressed timelines. You thrive in an entrepreneurial, high-velocity environment and want to work for a company with distinct cultural purpose and mission. You will be a trusted advisor to Audible’s global business leaders to unlock Audible’s next phase of growth.
As Global Head of Corporate Development & Planning, you will…
- Support Audible’s growth through identification, assessment, and execution of potential mergers, acquisitions, investments and joint ventures.
- Discover and activate new venture and emerging business investments, distinctive transactions, and growth opportunities for Audible’s core priorities.
- Establish and lead a robust and comprehensive process to identify and evaluate potential strategic transactions and venture investments that could lead to content and business development partnerships in both existing and new marketplaces.
- Guide and leverage Audible’s investment in Audible-created Newark Venture Partners Fund II.
- Partner with business leaders before, during and after transactions, to ensure the deals make strategic sense, fit with the forward-looking business plans, and are integrated smoothly and fully optimized.
- Partner with CFO on three-year strategy and annual operating planning (OP1) processes in close coordination with the executive team.
- Actively provide an “outside-in” perspective and recommendations to executive leadership on strategic priorities based on competitive and consumer intelligence.
- Lead cross-functional teams in developing business case analyses across product, content, international, finance, accounting, legal, tax, HR and other departments.
- Work with product, content, and international teams to understand their roadmaps and inform deal sourcing and priorities.
- Manage, mentor, and coach team members within the Corporate Development and Planning team and across functions.
- 10+ years experience in corporate development, venture capital, M&A, private equity, or investment banking.
- Experience in leading teams to execute all aspects of transactions including early stage sourcing of deal flow to direct experience in M&A negotiation, execution and integration.
- Experience working for an independent subsidiary or a division that is part of a larger company.
- Bachelor's degree.
- Exceptional communication skills (both written and verbal); ability to effectively communicate complex concepts and ideas to an executive leadership team.
- 15+ years of experience in early stage end-to-end venture invest and corporate development M & A roles.
- Deep understanding of and interest in the digital media content landscape, particularly audio.
- Prior experience managing and building teams.
- Superior analytical and problem-solving skills, with demonstrated intellectual and analytical rigor.
- Ability to operate at both a strategic and executional level, with a roll-up-your-sleeves mentality working alongside your team to deliver against the objectives.
- Ability to inspire a team to bring conceptual ideas all the way through to fruition and influence cross-functional teams to drive towards a common goal.
- Global mindset; multi-lingual capabilities.
- JD, MBA or equivalent graduate degree.
At Audible, we innovate and inspire through the power of voice. We're changing the narrative on storytelling. As a leading creator and provider of premium audio storytelling, we've redefined the ways people access, discover, and share stories. The stories we tell have the ability to transport and transform everyday moments into meaningful experiences and it's our people who make Audible's service possible. We're listeners, storytellers, and problem-solvers. Our perspectives and experiences power our ideas and come together in our mission to unleash the power of the spoken word.
Audible is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Audible is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Sign up for Job Alerts
- Data Scientist Newark, New Jersey Finance & Insight
- Associate Director, Business Development & Content Marketing Partnerships Newark, New Jersey Finance & Insight
- Microstrategy Architect Newark, New Jersey Finance & Insight
At Audible, we seek to exemplify what a company can mean beyond what it does. As Newark's fastest-growing private employer, we recruit and cultivate local talent as well as drive forward a wide range of community initiatives with a focus on supporting Newark's renaissance. Our global offices embrace their local communities as well, and our employees around the world volunteer and serve in their communities in addition to seeding and growing the local creative economy.
Plan for every chapter of your career journey with a wide range of generous benefits that you can rely on. We’re fostering an environment where everyone can thrive, individually and as part of the greater Audible community.